YFZ clutch in my WR?

6 replies to this topic
  • flattopwill

Posted July 08, 2014 - 08:16 PM

Will a 2014 YFZ450R clutch work in my 2012 WR450F?

The new YFZ clutch is a slipper and can be found cheap online. I use my WR for supermoto so a slipper clutch would be a nice upgrade.

Edited by flattopwill, July 08, 2014 - 08:17 PM.

• stevethe

Posted July 09, 2014 - 07:33 AM

Will a 2014 YFZ450R clutch work in my 2012 WR450F?

The new YFZ clutch is a slipper and can be found cheap online. I use my WR for supermoto so a slipper clutch would be a nice upgrade.

You will probably need to do some research on that one. Many different clutch's fit and usually you need to run the accompanying clutch disc pack.

When you say you found them cheap online what prices have you found. I am using the Hinson (Sutter) slipper clutch and am very satisfied with it. You might also look to ebay and buy a used Hinson.

• flattopwill

Posted July 09, 2014 - 08:23 AM

You will probably need to do some research on that one. Many different clutch's fit and usually you need to run the accompanying clutch disc pack.

When you say you found them cheap online what prices have you found. I am using the Hinson (Sutter) slipper clutch and am very satisfied with it. You might also look to ebay and buy a used Hinson.

I did some research but could not find an answer.

Found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/281337964995 takeout clutch from a new 2014 yfz450r.

I noticed that the part number for a Hinson clutch is the same for a 2013 YFZ/YZF/WRF in the Tucker Rocky book

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted July 09, 2014 - 08:44 AM

We'll it says it fits you could always return it if it doesn't.

• flattopwill

Posted July 14, 2014 - 08:56 AM

I really thought Grayracer or someone would chime in with the answer.

• Geoffit

Posted July 14, 2014 - 09:31 AM

From a look at the Yamaha part#s it should work you will need the clutch plate pack that goes with the new clutch for it to work correctly

• grayracer513

Posted July 15, 2014 - 03:52 PM

It depends on whether the clutch correctly fits the WR mainshaft.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.