What is that grey paint Yamaha used on WR450F engine covers?

3 replies to this topic
  • WR450FGreg

Posted July 08, 2014 - 02:09 AM

I want to touch-up the clutch and magneto covers on my 2008 WR450F.

Does anyone know what paint I can use to do this?

It's not exactly a black colour, more like a dark grey.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

2008-Yamaha-WR450Ff-small.jpg

• stevethe

Posted July 08, 2014 - 04:56 AM

Try ColorRite motorcycle paint.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flyandride

Posted July 08, 2014 - 05:27 PM

I sand blasted and painted the clutch and magneto cover on 2 WRs.   Used VHT engine enamel and no primer.  It has held up better than what ever the factory used.  2 seasons and it looks great, not even showing boot wear.  

• WR450FGreg

Posted July 12, 2014 - 02:33 AM

Thanks for the responses guys!

Try ColorRite motorcycle paint.

Sadly it appears that I can't buy ColorRite motorcycle paint from the US stevethe.  :unsure:

Australia doesn't come up as an option in the Shipping part of their website's "Shopping Cart".

On the other hand, we can buy VHT paints here...

I sand blasted and painted the clutch and magneto cover on 2 WRs.   Used VHT engine enamel and no primer. 

flyandride, do you recall what colour VHT paint you used?

As I said earlier, it's not exactly a black colour, more like a dark grey, so regular matt black wouldn't match.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.