Is there a difference between a YZ450F and a YZF450?

9 replies to this topic
  • emily.raffi

Posted July 07, 2014 - 05:17 PM

I just bought myself a yz450f and after doing some reading on the internet, I noticed some people refer to it as YZF450, and others YZ450f. Is there a legitamate difference between the two   ie. racebike or not? or do some people not realize there IS a difference... :usa: :usa:

I know the YFZ is a quad.. :banana:

• yammerhammer128/

Posted July 07, 2014 - 05:34 PM

You're correct, ones a bike, ones a wheeler

• drtrcr400

Posted July 07, 2014 - 08:17 PM

Same thing. Yamaha has always labeled them YZ250F, YZ400F, YZ450F but people often refer to them as YZF's. 

• kelby_rides_2T

Posted July 07, 2014 - 08:27 PM

It's all about your opinion. Like if you want to call it a YZ-F or a YZF there is no difference, just opinions. Or what you would like to call it

• grayracer513

Posted July 08, 2014 - 06:42 AM

I just bought myself a yz450f and after doing some reading on the internet, I noticed some people refer to it as YZF450, and others YZ450f. Is there a legitamate difference between the two   ie. racebike or not? or do some people not realize there IS a difference...

I know the YFZ is a quad..

YFZ450 is a quad.  YZ450F is a bike.  YZF450 does not exist.  No opinion, it just doesn't exist.

Some do refer to the line of four-stroke MX bikes and/or engines generally as "YZF", however.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted July 08, 2014 - 04:38 PM

The YZF and YFZ discussion gets even screwier when someone throws in "Y-Zed" and they mean their two stroke.

• zeuszuki

Posted July 08, 2014 - 11:57 PM

I just bought myself a yz450f and after doing some reading on the internet, I noticed some people refer to it as YZF450, and others YZ450f. Is there a legitamate difference between the two   ie. racebike or not? or do some people not realize there IS a difference... :usa: :usa:

YZxxxF dirt bike

YFZxxx quad

YZF ... Road bike range eg; YZF R1 etc

• YzCas

Posted July 09, 2014 - 01:32 PM

I just bought myself a yz450f and after doing some reading on the internet, I noticed some people refer to it as YZF450, and others YZ450f. Is there a legitamate difference between the two ie. racebike or not? or do some people not realize there IS a difference... :usa: :usa:

mines a 13 it says yz450f

I just bought myself a yz450f and after doing some reading on the internet, I noticed some people refer to it as YZF450, and others YZ450f. Is there a legitamate difference between the two ie. racebike or not? or do some people not realize there IS a difference... :usa: :usa:

my o
03 don't say shit it's the first of the Yamaha 450s.

• YzCas

Posted July 09, 2014 - 01:34 PM

any yz is fast welcome to the blue crew.

• emily.raffi

Posted July 09, 2014 - 02:01 PM

thanks guys, i got it now

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.