Tuning a 2013 YZ450

2 replies to this topic
  • turnerf2000

Posted July 07, 2014 - 12:39 PM

I purchased a 2013 YZ450F a couple of months ago for combination track and woods riding. I came off a 2011 CRF250R which was a great bike, just wanted more power so I passed the bike down to my oldest son and bought the 450. The first thing I noticed was that the throttle was almost like a switch and even slight variations over a jump results in an endo or a wheelie. When I am woods riding it is almost unbearable to chase my younger son around, I am in first or coasting with the clutch pulled in due to it stalling at less than 10mph. My goal is slower build up of power, or just make the delivery of it more linear over the throttle for the track. And for the woods just being able to lug around without it stalling out. I have read some success on making it more trail appropriate with a weighted flywheel and just saw a posting for getting a power tuner. Both of those cost money and wanted to get some guidance before I shell out some big $$. Please advise, thanks in advance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SAthump

Posted July 07, 2014 - 01:59 PM

Rollon throttle tube or similar

• KennyMc

Posted July 07, 2014 - 02:36 PM

FYI, you posted this in the WR forum.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.