Here is a great deal on a Riding Jacket.

14 replies to this topic
  • jstevens

Posted January 24, 2004 - 07:40 AM

Can't beat this killer sale on 2003 ACERBIS jackets for $59.00 and $69.00 on sale.

• BrianVT

Posted January 24, 2004 - 09:35 AM

I just ordered one. I had heard good reviews on that jacket and was gonna get one someday.
Thanks for the lead.

• jstevens

Posted January 24, 2004 - 03:02 PM

Cool glad I could help.

Posted January 25, 2004 - 08:37 AM

You like the jacket, I've had mine for a year
I wear it in hills or when the desert gets
a little chilly. Did you get the liner and
shoulder and elbow pads?

• BrianVT

Posted January 25, 2004 - 02:37 PM

I didn't see any option for pads or a liner at MSS or Acerbis.

• jstevens

Posted January 25, 2004 - 04:20 PM

I don't think they come with sholder and Elbow pads. Are you talking in Addition to the jacket???

Posted January 25, 2004 - 06:55 PM

Yes Sir, they were seperate, the pads are padded
plastic cups, and the liner is an isulated nylon.
Hasn't been cold enough for the liner yet, I don't
think I will ever have to use that, unless I get
to Colorado or Utah. Check with Acerbis they are
availble, the jacket has built in pockets for them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted January 29, 2004 - 05:26 AM

Thanks for the heads up J. I just ordered the profile in black, #'s and BarkBusters.

Have you found any other good trails down your way?? You me & Grimmer got to get out when the weather breaks.

• Beerman

Posted January 29, 2004 - 10:15 AM

I'll sell you my pads. I bought one of these Jackets last year from MXSOUTH when they had them on sale. I also ordered the pads and it took 5 months to get them (must have been on the slooow boat from Italy). By the time I got them, I didn't need them. PM me if you're interested. xr650rider at

• jstevens

Posted January 29, 2004 - 06:43 PM

2000 sounds good! yep I found the lower end of the trails you found up off of "301". Sounds good on the future rides, I'll catch up with you! Hey we sould schedule another Tower City PA ride or a Hatfield Macoy visit..

P.S. I'm glad you got a jacket but more importantly you need to be on the look out for a new pair of riding boots!
Your Duck Tape doesn't work to well anymore with the whole sole floping off of your boots and all! :)

• BrianVT

Posted February 03, 2004 - 05:07 AM

Got my Impact yesterday. I'm real happy with it. Pretty rugged and good vents. Also a clear arm pocket (for organ donor card I heard :)). I'm 5'9" 165 lbs. and ordered the large. It's not too big without pads but fits over my chest protector comfortably. It does have inside pockets for pads (that Beerman is selling me) avail. from Acerbis.

Posted February 03, 2004 - 04:36 PM

How about that zipper, that thing messes
me up everytime :)

• BrianVT

Posted February 03, 2004 - 04:50 PM

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Is that a euro thing like having the steering wheel on the other side ? Maybe that's why they're clearance ? &%$#@!, I'm happy with it.

• Dual_Dog

Posted February 03, 2004 - 05:25 PM

I thought it was a chick's jacket when I first put it on. :D

Aside from the reversed zipper, it's (the Profile is) a great jacket. Been using it every ride. :)

• mmxr650r

Posted February 04, 2004 - 06:01 PM

Thanks for the tip, mine yesterday...great jacket, and great price!

Related Content

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  57 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.