Yz450f header pipe on 2010 wr450f

7 replies to this topic
  • Cooneyjj

Posted July 07, 2014 - 12:53 AM

My 2010 wr450f has a gytr muffler with the stock header pipe which requires a slip on insert to fit the two together, I want to eliminate the slip on insert. I've heard the yz's hear pipes are bigger therefore it's a flush fit between muffler and header. Can any one confirm this for me ? Cheers !

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 07, 2014 - 04:51 AM

You are correct

• stevethe

Posted July 07, 2014 - 05:58 AM

The 08 and 09 Yz450 have the largest head pipe. They fit in a FMF rear tail section without a spacer not sure about the GYTR unless it's the same as a FMF.

• Cooneyjj

Posted July 16, 2014 - 03:27 AM

Ok sweet thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SilvFx

Posted July 16, 2014 - 08:28 AM

Cooney...dont make the assumption that the YZ450F headpipe will make it run better.  I owned an '08 YZ450F and the low end is lacking a bit (compared to the WR) partially due to the size of the head pipe.  So, while it may look cleaner to no have the FMF insert/spacer it may make take away some low end grunt on your WR.

So....i wouldnt spend alot for a YZ head pipe for your experiment.

• Cooneyjj

Posted July 16, 2014 - 05:15 PM

Cheers slivfx ! I wasn't to concerned power wise as I've had the wr rejetted but yer I'll still take that in to consideration ! I am trying to find a Second hand header pipe but there none around cheap enough !

• stevethe

Posted July 16, 2014 - 06:00 PM

Um not sure about losing low end with that header pipe. I run them on all of the WR's. But they are pricey.

• Cooneyjj

Posted July 16, 2014 - 06:54 PM

Yer my wr cracks pretty hard since the rejetting ! But yes that's the main reason I haven't gone and got one because there bloody expensive ! My old mans 2012 wr450f header fits perfect with the gytr slip on muffler but there $340aud !

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.