removing a front disc brake guard

4 replies to this topic
  • 90atk

Posted July 04, 2014 - 06:32 AM

when i bought my yz400 it came with a devol front disc guard. i never really liked it and have yet to crash something into it so i wana take it off. but am i gona need a spacer or something to make up for it when i take it off? i dont wana pull the wheel to find out i need something. thanks.

• William1

Posted July 04, 2014 - 10:07 AM

Remove it if you want. No spacers, no wheel removal needed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zotis777

Posted July 04, 2014 - 10:32 AM

It should just be 3 bolts right there you can see. And you won't gain anything... I say leave it in

• 90atk

Posted July 04, 2014 - 11:05 AM

this ones definatly held on through the front axle. its an alluminum devol guard. the plan was to try and sell it to fund much needed hand guards. i might just leave it.

• grayracer513

Posted July 05, 2014 - 11:21 AM

If the axle passes through it, remove the disc guard, and replace the spacer you find on that side with a new left side wheel spacer, PN: 5DH-25183-00-00.

Simple.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.