2007 WR450 red exhaust after brief run up/down street

3 replies to this topic
  • jentzschman

Posted July 03, 2014 - 09:31 PM

Yes, I have seen the FAQ about this, however I still wanted to throw the question out there in relation to my jetting specs:

1) I live at~4500 feet ASL

2) I have JD jet kit installed with: red needle #4 clip position, stock 45 pilot, and 165 main.

3) All other jets are stock but I did add the thinner o-ring on the AP screw per JD instructions. 

4) Grey wire mod

5) TPS unplugged

I noticed it and pretty much freaked out as this is my first thumper and right away googled it and was brought to the FAQ section on this site. I also hear it is pretty common if these WR's stay put to long and getting them moving even a little will help.

I have also found info that the pilot could be lean and or I need to adjust the fuel screw out a little. 

Thank you for any help. 

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 04, 2014 - 05:33 AM

Your jetting specs are fine

The determining factors are:

- stock header? Then it's Ti, and glows quickly

- popping upon deceleration? Turn out your fuel screw....

- still popping? you have an air leak, or a partially blocked pilot jet or pilot passage way, or a leaking hot start nut or plunger

-  Idleing still for more than 2 min? Then this will happen

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jentzschman

Posted July 04, 2014 - 06:01 AM

I will double check those areas, thank you for your help! 

• jentzschman

Posted July 04, 2014 - 04:12 PM

I switched out the stock 45 pilot for a 48. However, I discovered that the threads on the hot start nut were a bit worn out so now I have to wait until tomorrow to get a new nut and put her all back together for a test ride. 

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.