Is a full exhaust powerwise even noticeable on the trails?

36 replies to this topic
  • underground-mpyre

Posted July 07, 2014 - 12:39 PM

Is that good then?(Remember I am a newbie)

I do know the Yz is the MX bike and the WR is for trails. But the oem Yz exhaust flow better than the WR?

• KennyMc

Posted July 07, 2014 - 01:44 PM

I agree with Beezer, that looks like a OEM YZ exhaust.

YZ426.jpg

• underground-mpyre

Posted July 08, 2014 - 06:55 AM

Okay, if it is a Oem YZ exhaust, does that make it as good as an aftermarket for the WR???

• KennyMc

Posted July 08, 2014 - 07:41 AM

Were gonna keep going around with this though :goofy:   Cause if it is an OEM YZ, you obviously have an aftermarket apark arestor insert in their.  It should say around the rim of the end cap something abut the mfg of the insert. 

If you want more help you will need to take a few pictures of it.  One of the end cap and one from close up but from the shift lever side.

IMO, you are good either way because the OEM YZ is much better than the OEM WR.  AS good as an aftermarket, debatable, but since you already have it, just ride :thumbsup:

• underground-mpyre

Posted July 08, 2014 - 08:10 AM

There isn't anything else but the word "Titanium" on the end cap. I will look on the shift lever side tonight for anything else.

• underground-mpyre

Posted July 11, 2014 - 03:56 AM

So planning on taking my bike to the trails next weekend and tried to find the required spark arrestor that is needed for the park. UInfortunately, there isn't one. Is there a way of unrivoting the rear of the muffler and installing one?

• KennyMc

Posted July 11, 2014 - 05:49 AM

https://www.promotob...pmb-01-5101.pdf

$130
http://www.rockymoun...or-End-Cap?v=62

Edited by KennyMc, July 11, 2014 - 05:53 AM.

• underground-mpyre

Posted July 11, 2014 - 06:29 AM

Little on the expensive side. But thanks for the heads up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted July 11, 2014 - 09:34 AM

Cheaper than a ticket :jawdrop:

• underground-mpyre

Posted July 11, 2014 - 09:45 AM

How would I get a ticket on trails? (just asking)

• KennyMc

Posted July 11, 2014 - 02:20 PM

Here in CA the Ranger's prob your silencer at the staging areas for the spark arrestor.  No sparky, no ride and if they catch you riding, it can be a huge ticket, upwards in the $300-400 range (with penalties).  The Rangers here also are on bikes and ride the trails. :foul:

Your area may be a different story.

• underground-mpyre

Posted July 12, 2014 - 01:33 AM

Damns! Ha Ok, that makes complete sense now. I don't know the ropes on state trail riding yet, but some parks here say they require them. The others just need a helmet and you are good. Thanks for the advice.

• KennyMc

Posted July 12, 2014 - 03:21 PM

Other than private tracks, I don't know of any public lands that don't require spark arrestors.  All BLM land requires it, national forest land, etc....

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 12, 2014 - 03:26 PM

Other than private tracks, I don't know of any public lands that don't require spark arrestors.  All BLM land requires it, national forest land, etc....

...and some MX tracks require it too. 

Gorman MX probes your tip (?) when you pull up to pay.

• KennyMc

Posted July 12, 2014 - 03:45 PM

...and some MX tracks require it too. 

Gorman MX probes your tip (?) when you pull up to pay.

Yah, cause you can just ride out from there into their park so they will ensure you are "legal".

• underground-mpyre

Posted July 15, 2014 - 12:56 PM

Is it a good idea to wrap the header pipe to keep a little bit of the heat away from your leg?

• stevethe

Posted July 15, 2014 - 03:35 PM

Is it a good idea to wrap the header pipe to keep a little bit of the heat away from your leg?

I've heard it ruins the header pipe over time.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.