2014 yz450f junk bar mounts

4 replies to this topic
  • ttr230rider6

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:37 PM

Does anyone else find the stock bar mounts on the 14's really shitty? My buddy and i both have 14's and just sitting still if you really rock the bars there is a good bit of play there. not like they are loose, but just weak. They are as tight as i could get them. And i find if you drop the bike at all the bars are out of line, and i can turn the bars all the way with some force to re-align them.

I tried searching for better mounts but couldn't find much. Are there any mounts out there that are stronger? or would mount up the the 4 holes in the triple clamp, instead of just the 2 closest to you?

thanks

• crf917rider

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:39 PM

There actually pretty good they move cause they are rubber mounted now theres supposed to b some play

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sploon

Posted July 02, 2014 - 10:23 PM

agreed. if this happens loosen the bolt with a 18 or 19mm spanner on the underside of the mount and then tighten both to align the bars again. sometimes the rubber mounts do wear out and perish so replacement is advisable after a long time. genuine ones last ages.

its better for them to slightly tweak in the rubber mount than to bend the bolt and have to replace the clamp / bolt.

If you are really concerned with it you can buy solid tapered aluminum mounts. i found the bars vibrated more those causing arm pump in motos and i went through a couple of mounts. i just machined my own bolts at work cause i could.

• ttr230rider6

Posted July 03, 2014 - 06:27 AM

agreed. if this happens loosen the bolt with a 18 or 19mm spanner on the underside of the mount and then tighten both to align the bars again. sometimes the rubber mounts do wear out and perish so replacement is advisable after a long time. genuine ones last ages.

its better for them to slightly tweak in the rubber mount than to bend the bolt and have to replace the clamp / bolt.
If you are really concerned with it you can buy solid tapered aluminum mounts. i found the bars vibrated more those causing arm pump in motos and i went through a couple of mounts. i just machined my own

That's true about the solid mounts. Never really thought about it. I suppose I could get like poly urathane bushings or something to make it a bit stronger?

bolts at work cause i could.

• Gaz929

Posted July 12, 2014 - 10:58 AM

Does anyone else find the stock bar mounts on the 14's really shitty? My buddy and i both have 14's and just sitting still if you really rock the bars there is a good bit of play there. not like they are loose, but just weak. They are as tight as i could get them. And i find if you drop the bike at all the bars are out of line, and i can turn the bars all the way with some force to re-align them.

I tried searching for better mounts but couldn't find much. Are there any mounts out there that are stronger? or would mount up the the 4 holes in the triple clamp, instead of just the 2 closest to you?

thanks

Really???? Mine are spot on, no play at all and feel like they should.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.