acceleration stutter?

1 reply to this topic
  • treefrog

Posted June 29, 2014 - 06:53 AM

99 wr400. I ride my bike on the street and I have noticed that during hard acceleration my bike stutters like its fuel starved. If I merge into traffic it stumbles while its under 3/4 full throttle. Not off the bottom but in the middle of a hard accel. Bike is a one kick no choke starter and runs great otherwise. I have played with main size and needle position and have it about perfect except of course for the stumble.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gregmanderson78

Posted June 29, 2014 - 01:04 PM

Check that your gas tank is well vented and your float arm that pushes up the needle valve in your carb bowl is bent correctly, also is the orifice behind the needle clear? either xould cause your bike to be fuel starved when under high demand

It sounds like you are sucking gas out of your carb bowl faster than it is flowing in from your tank

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.