Price check '15 YZ450F

10 replies to this topic
  • forgotmyusername

Posted June 28, 2014 - 10:59 PM

I've always been a Honda guy, but I've had my eye on a Yamaha. I saw one today at a dealer that was used. I guess the guy purchased it, got scared, brought it back and traded it in on a quad.

The dealer wanted $7900 plus tax. None of the prep/freight as it's already been sold. I'm thinking that's too high. The bike is now used, even if it only has a couple hours and you can't tell it's ever been ridden. What do you think is a good discount off MSRP....10/15% more?

• crf917rider

Posted June 29, 2014 - 07:58 AM

For a 15 thats a great price,

• forgotmyusername

Posted June 29, 2014 - 09:13 AM

For a 15 thats a great price,

Even though it's lightly used?

It's funny. Whoever owned it for those couple days put some sort of tire slick on it. Not like the tire wet we use on car tires, this was more gel like. So it's apparent that whoever purchased it had no business buying a bike let alone a 450.

• crf917rider

Posted June 29, 2014 - 09:16 AM

U can hook a gytr tuner to it to see the hours .... I got my 14 for 7500 out the door a few months ago. I rode with a buddy of mine to pick up a used 14 with 14 hours on it for 5600 that was a deal

• forgotmyusername

Posted June 29, 2014 - 02:21 PM

5600 is a smoking deal.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Joe_Jet

Posted July 15, 2014 - 09:51 PM

Used pre-sold. I bet you could get it for 7500 out the door.

The tire might be an indication that someone bought it to dyno; could have been a pipe manufacturer, engine builder or mag/web test bike. Connect a tuner and check the hours. Does it look like it was ridden?

• forgotmyusername

Posted August 02, 2014 - 06:18 PM

Used pre-sold. I bet you could get it for 7500 out the door.
The tire might be an indication that someone bought it to dyno; could have been a pipe manufacturer, engine builder or mag/web test bike. Connect a tuner and check the hours. Does it look like it was ridden?

It was some guy that purchased on Friday, rode it on the street by the tire wear, greased the tires and brought it back Monday. It's now in my garage. Can't tell anyone's even sat on it. Plugged in the tuner it was either 36 or 46 minutes.

Edited by forgotmyusername, August 02, 2014 - 06:19 PM.

• crf917rider

Posted August 02, 2014 - 06:37 PM

U can reset the hours with a tuner witch is stupid imo on yamahas part so plugging in a tuner if ur not the original owner means nothing

• forgotmyusername

Posted August 02, 2014 - 10:01 PM

U can reset the hours with a tuner witch is stupid imo on yamahas part so plugging in a tuner if ur not the original owner means nothing

I get what you're saying but anyone stupid enough to put tire wet on motorcycle tires isn't intelligent enough to go buy a tuner and reset the time just to turn the bike back in. This tells me all I need to know:

8168e4db65d59d75f28d9da09a74dd7e_zps6c13

• crf917rider

Posted August 02, 2014 - 11:14 PM

I get what you're saying but anyone stupid enough to put tire wet on motorcycle tires isn't intelligent enough to go buy a tuner and reset the time just to turn the bike back in. This tells me all I need to know:

8168e4db65d59d75f28d9da09a74dd7e_zps6c13

O yea im with u on that i was just saying

• YzCas

Posted August 03, 2014 - 01:20 PM

I've always been a Honda guy, but I've had my eye on a Yamaha. I saw one today at a dealer that was used. I guess the guy purchased it, got scared, brought it back and traded it in on a quad.

The dealer wanted $7900 plus tax. None of the prep/freight as it's already been sold. I'm thinking that's too high. The bike is now used, even if it only has a couple hours and you can't tell it's ever been ridden. What do you think is a good discount off MSRP....10/15% more?

I got mine for 7100 plus tax out the door but it's a 14
it sounds like you did ok and that bike is not even broke in yet.
I have 3-4 hours on mine and its still tight as a virgin you did fine.
I bought my 13 rmz like you the guy bought it shit his pants and j got a new bike for 6100.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.