cant get the set correct..

4 replies to this topic
  • Drenmaster

Posted June 28, 2014 - 06:33 PM

So i can get my race sag to 105, but when i check the free sag it is basicly the same with the bike on the stand or on the ground. the current spring is rate is 6.0 my weight is 220lbs no gear.  I am really concerned with how far the spring is compressed. added a picture to show that. 

So should i buy a stiffer spring and hope the preload will be alot less? or is that  much preload ok?  crazy thing is with the spring that compressed the bike handled really well back end would slide around and i could really take corners a lot faster. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5811.JPG

• sploon

Posted June 28, 2014 - 06:59 PM

If you havnt got 15mm??? free sag then you need to buy a heavier spring. What condition tracks are you riding? hardpack?

Edited by sploon, June 28, 2014 - 07:00 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Drenmaster

Posted June 28, 2014 - 07:16 PM

If you havnt got 15mm??? free sag then you need to buy a heavier spring. What condition tracks are you riding? hardpack?

pretty much all hard pack. 

• sploon

Posted June 28, 2014 - 07:35 PM

pretty much all hard pack. 

see with the spring compressed that much and your rebound set way to slow you could get away with riding hardpack on that setting. i wouldnt advise running your suspension this way cause as soon as you got onto sand or soft terrain you wouldnt like it and the adjustability between tracks would be unpredictable. Springs are cheap enough get the right one for the job. Spend money on good suspension over any other mod to your bike. it WILL make you ride faster. Every bike i own i get the correct spring rates and the valving adjusted to the type of riding im doing.

• Drenmaster

Posted June 28, 2014 - 08:00 PM

I sent my stuff off for revalve and all that stuff, and everything has been great but the rear spring has been wrong. They sent me a different one and same problem. so i will just buy one with the correct spring rate. maybe 6.3? 

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.