Does a '02 Wr426 have to worry about the grey wire mod?

3 replies to this topic
  • underground-mpyre

Posted June 28, 2014 - 09:06 AM

I looked up free mods, does the Wr426 have to worry about the grey wire mod in any manner. The link was directed at 450's. Any help is appreciated with this newbie.

• flyandride

Posted June 28, 2014 - 08:01 PM

You don't have to worry about it and don't have to do it.  But you'll gain performance by doing it.  

http://thumperfaq.com/gray_wire.htm

Thumperfaq is geared towards the 250 but the 426 has everything in the same place. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 67imp

Posted June 29, 2014 - 07:21 AM

I also have a 02 426 - Throttle stop and uncork the pipe , mod the air box . As far as the grey wire goes???? I have done it and really found no appreciable difference in disconnecting it .

Edited by 67imp, June 29, 2014 - 07:24 AM.

• underground-mpyre

Posted June 30, 2014 - 07:10 AM

Hey thanks guys! I plan on doing the throttle stopper this weekend and if I don't need to mess with the grey wire I won't.

Dumb question, how can I tell if the pipe has uncorked?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.