It all looks right, let's hope it works.

2 replies to this topic
  • DunmireD001

Posted June 27, 2014 - 11:12 PM

Well after some trial and error of floating the ground wire on the stator of my 2001 wr426f, I believe I may have solved the problem.

The first time doing this I used a steering wheel puller to pull my flywheel from the shaft covering my stator. However when I screwed the steering wheel puller on, I threaded the screws in too far, and when I began turning the middle bolt with a wrench, it causes the motor to turn over and those screws then scared along the stator...

Once I had the flywheel off, I immediately spotted the damage, and tried to re solder over the coils and cover them up with silicone. (It was all I could think of) I then continued floating the ground wire and reassembling everything. So when I was done it looked something like this.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1403938761.326816.jpg

After I had it all back together I tried starting the bike to see if it had worked and to no suprise, there was no spark!

So after thinking over it all I decided to bite the bullet and buy a new stator for $150 on eBay.. It came in yesterday and I have floated the ground on this one just now, and I believe it all looks correct, but I won't know until tomorrow until I put it all
back together. Fingers crossed it a works right... Anything you guys can see I might have missed??

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1403939517.759609.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1403939347.209442.jpg
Here's where I routed the wire out of the back and up with the main harness.

Attached Thumbnails

• ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1403939102.042943.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flyandride

Posted June 28, 2014 - 08:17 AM

Let us know if it works.  Fortunately, on your bike the ignition system and lighting system are independent of each other.  So if the white coil on the stator is intact it should spark regardless of whether the lighting system works.  

• DunmireD001

Posted June 28, 2014 - 05:38 PM

IT LIVES!!!!... Got all of the wiring buttoned up, and it purrs like a kitten. Only ran it for a few minutes on account of having 90% of the oil out of the motor. Now it's time to do the rest of the oil change, make a mount for my battery, and start wiring up all of my lighting/ electrics.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.