2014 wr 450 air box drain ?

5 replies to this topic
  • Chaos13

Posted June 27, 2014 - 09:45 PM

Hi, just wondering if anyone could help. I just bought my new wr450, went for my first ride on her out at paddy swamp. Got back, cleaned and striped it down to notice that there was water sitting in the air box, no where to drain? But worried now to do the air box mod? Mate also bought a new one a few weeks prior and dropped it ino a puddle and now it's seized a ring and in the shop. I had a 01 426 and air box never held water. Bit paranoid now about any water crossings or puddles at all.

• stevethe

Posted June 28, 2014 - 07:58 AM

Not sure about the new one. The 07-11's have a clear hose toward the front of the air box at the bottom. If you put a little slit in it, it will drain or you pull it off to drain it and hey stay out of paddy's swamp !

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted June 28, 2014 - 09:05 AM

I think the water will drain out of the air box drain hose if you pinch it.   Its a valve, sort of.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chaos13

Posted June 28, 2014 - 02:02 PM

What's wrong with paddy swamp?

• stevethe

Posted June 28, 2014 - 02:19 PM

What's wrong with paddy swamp?

It's wet.

• Chaos13

Posted June 28, 2014 - 03:03 PM

Cheers, might run like a 90 degree bend hose and do away with the clear blank

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.