13 yx

10 replies to this topic
  • YzCas

Posted June 27, 2014 - 01:24 PM

noise
Hi guys I have a 13 yzf450 i just bought it well traded before trading it made no noise but all I did was ride up and down the road and on some hard pack dirt for 15 min or so. the guy ha 3 identical yzfs I picked this one so we traded my ktm 250 250sx spotless.

The problem I'm having is yesterday I ran it half hour I changed the bad gas in it for av gas.

The bike is making a noise like rocks inside only when in gear.

The bike has rocket ship power. at stand still fine
so it makes sound like rocks in the engine when rolling in gear runs perfect shifts perfect is my crank taking a shit.
any idea what I could be.

• YzCas

Posted June 27, 2014 - 01:47 PM

noise
Hi guys I have a 13 yzf450 i just bought it well traded before trading it made no noise but all I did was ride up and down the road and on some hard pack dirt for 15 min or so. the guy ha 3 identical yzfs I picked this one so we traded my ktm 250 250sx spotless.

The problem I'm having is yesterday I ran it half hour I changed the bad gas in it for av gas.

The bike is making a noise like rocks inside only when in gear.

The bike has rocket ship power. at stand still fine
so it makes sound like rocks in the engine when rolling in gear runs perfect shifts perfect is my crank taking a shit.
any idea what I could be.

I was wondering if it could be the chain. it is a bit loose. if it was crank she would have let loose when I was riding it but it runs great.

• etuke

Posted June 27, 2014 - 02:58 PM

loose chain will slap the guide when under load,like in a gear too high trying to use the torque to power through.Adjust the chain and see if it gets better.

• YzCas

Posted June 28, 2014 - 05:11 AM

loose chain will slap the guide when under load,like in a gear too high trying to use the torque to power through.Adjust the chain and see if it gets better.

It was the chain thank god that's all it was.

• etuke

Posted June 28, 2014 - 05:18 AM

I hate that sound too but you have to leave enough slack in the chain to allow the swingarm to travel without binding or your gona damage the bearing on the output shaft,crack your case or destroy a hub.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YzCas

Posted June 28, 2014 - 11:29 AM

It was the chain thank god that's all it was.

I hate that sound too but you have to leave enough slack in the chain to allow the swingarm to travel without binding or your gona damage the bearing on the output shaft,crack your case or destroy a hub.

I have two fingers
at the swingers by the buffer is that okay?

• etuke

Posted June 28, 2014 - 11:33 AM

I go with 2" at the rear bolt of the chain slider with the bike on the stand.

• YzCas

Posted June 28, 2014 - 01:36 PM

I go with 2" at the rear bolt of the chain slider with the bike on the stand.

Yes that's where I went on the top slider guard is that correct. Thanks

• etuke

Posted June 28, 2014 - 02:13 PM

yep

• YzCas

Posted June 29, 2014 - 10:11 AM

Thanks etuke

• grayracer513

Posted June 29, 2014 - 10:46 AM

Two fingers is rarely two inches.  Better be certain:

http://www.thumperta...-2#entry7755212

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.