Just got the 2015

10 replies to this topic
  • Big Blue 622

Posted June 26, 2014 - 06:49 PM

Hello every one  I cant wait to ride Big Blue been on a 2012 Rmz 250 for 3 yrs .

Sunday is feeling like a year away.

I have no idea what to except never rode one before with the reverse engine last YZ was an 08 450  that was a great bike.

Any pointers on suspension and mapping is appreciated.Thank you.Big Blue.jpg

• billygildark5007

Posted June 26, 2014 - 07:06 PM

No pointers but very jealous... Congrats!!!

• Big Blue 622

Posted June 26, 2014 - 07:15 PM

Ill trade your youth for my bike anyday  lol

• zeuszuki

Posted June 26, 2014 - 11:19 PM

Hello every one  I cant wait to ride Big Blue been on a 2012 Rmz 250 for 3 yrs .

Sunday is feeling like a year away.

I have no idea what to except never rode one before with the reverse engine last YZ was an 08 450  that was a great bike.

Any pointers on suspension and mapping is appreciated.Thank you.attachicon.gifBig Blue.jpg

My advice; get some hours on that thing before passing judgement. Like a good wine they get better with age ;-)

• Gaz929

Posted June 27, 2014 - 08:21 AM

Just ride her and enjoy mate, I got my 14 a few month ago and have put about 8hrs on it up to now and it's just starting to feel right. Suspension takes a while to bed in so don't be disheartened after the first few rides.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YzCas

Posted June 27, 2014 - 08:50 AM

Just ride her and enjoy mate, I got my 14 a few month ago and have put about 8hrs on it up to now and it's just starting to feel right. Suspension takes a while to bed in so don't be disheartened after the first few rides.

Hi ya doing I'm new to the yzfs I have an 01 450 and just picked up a used 13 yzf450 is the oil filler on the left side where the black cap is? Seems strange as the stated is in there. I have 2 other 13s 450s kawi and zuk
you fill them on the clutch side.

• YzCas

Posted June 27, 2014 - 08:53 AM

I forgot to ask will royal purple be ok and what weight thanks?

• swaldrop

Posted June 27, 2014 - 10:36 AM

I forgot to ask will royal purple be ok and what weight thanks?

Not sure I follow your questions, but a new thread may be your best bet in getting an answer to them.

• swaldrop

Posted June 27, 2014 - 10:40 AM

Back to the '15... Like others have said, go ride it and put a few hours on it before getting too crazy with trying to get it perfect. I struggled quite a bit with my '14, trying to get the forks to work like my well-worn '11 did. I was all over the place with settings and finally, after about 7 or 8 hours, it started to settle in nicely. There are a couple good threads about suspension settings for the '14. I don't have the direct links handy, but should be easy enough to find. Have fun. It is a great bike.

• Big Blue 622

Posted June 27, 2014 - 05:33 PM

Thanx for the input Ill chime in Sunday night I will be taking it to Raceway Park Nj  Sun to Pop her cherry can I say that? No disrespect to anyone.

• Drenmaster

Posted June 28, 2014 - 12:23 AM

bike looks sick.. wish they sold black wheels on the 14.. definitely like the 15 plastics, might have to order some.. Can you take some close up shots of the motor mounts? i am curious how much they changed. 

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.