08 WR 450 Hour Meter (How?)

6 replies to this topic
  • Kiwi Graham

Posted June 26, 2014 - 12:51 PM

so what to wrap the wire around?

All I can think of is to pull the cap and somehow wrap it in therebut it looks to tight a fit, How did you do yours?

Cheers

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 26, 2014 - 07:05 PM

You wrap as much as you can (6+ turns) around the high tension lead, as close to the cap as possible, and zip tie it in place. 

You can technically wrap it anywhere around that lead, of off the coil, but it has a tendency to get snagged when you remove the tank....

• Kiwi Graham

Posted July 13, 2014 - 03:35 PM

You wrap as much as you can (6+ turns) around the high tension lead, as close to the cap as possible, and zip tie it in place. 

You can technically wrap it anywhere around that lead, of off the coil, but it has a tendency to get snagged when you remove the tank....

But I dont have a high tension lead.

At least the 08 doesn't, the coil is in the plug cap so to speak hence my question do you somehow fit it inside the cap?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted July 13, 2014 - 05:16 PM

But I dont have a high tension lead.

At least the 08 doesn't, the coil is in the plug cap so to speak hence my question do you somehow fit it inside the cap?

You wrap it around the lead just below the cap

• Kiwi Graham

Posted July 13, 2014 - 05:37 PM

You wrap it around the lead just below the cap

Sweet, thanks for that

• William1

Posted July 14, 2014 - 04:06 PM

Your bike has a COP (Coil Over Plug). Wrap as many turns as you can above the grommet that fits into the valve cover and below the point when the wire harness plugs in.

• Kiwi Graham

Posted July 14, 2014 - 04:10 PM

Your bike has a COP (Coil Over Plug). Wrap as many turns as you can above the grommet that fits into the valve cover and below the point when the wire harness plugs in.

Great thanks, just couldnt see how I was going to get the wire inside the COP.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.