Rekluse Z-StartPro bike stalling

2 replies to this topic
  • drdanbozeman

Posted June 26, 2014 - 07:53 AM

2012 WR450 with all basic mods - throttle stop screw gone, air box snorkels removed, comp ECU, megabomb header, Q4 exhaust and Rekluse Z-start pro clutch. Have stalling issues when I close throttle quickly as I ride over abrupt terrain changes. I talked with my mechanic who installed the clutch and he suggested increasing idle RPM; that did help some but has not eliminated the stalls. With a correctly adjusted Z-start I should not have stalling at all. Sent an email to Rekluse 2 weeks ago, no reply.

I would like any constructive suggestions that can help solve the problem from riders who have experience with this clutch.

Thanks - Dan

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted June 26, 2014 - 09:02 AM

You need to re-adjust the base line settings for the z-start clutch

They drift over time as the clutch system breaks in

• markh1

Posted June 28, 2014 - 01:34 PM

My 08 had the same problem ended up being jetting it would flame out if the throttle was chopped or slammed closed quickly. I would call JD jetting and see if they have an updated map.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.