&%$#@! just came out of my engine - pic inside

24 replies to this topic
  • Arctic Pride

Posted June 25, 2014 - 12:07 PM

Clearly the original owner (guy whose name is on the title) spent a lot of money, The guys I got this bike from had no clue about anything. 

Funny I ran into a similar situation however I spent about 10 minutes on google and tracked the original owner down! Called him up, left a message and he got back to me almost within minutes :lol: super cool guy very knowledgeable, ended up better than expected!

• grayracer513

Posted June 25, 2014 - 01:14 PM

I am not an $8/qt kind of guy. 

The trouble with $4/qt oil is that most of it won't stay in grade more than an hour or two in a gearbox.  Unless you like running a 30wt oil that you bought as a 40, you can avoid that by changing it every ride day, or every 2 hours of run time at most.  So you have a choice between running a $10/qt oil for 6-8 hours, or $16 worth of $4/qt oil.  You decide.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mvrk10256

Posted June 25, 2014 - 01:17 PM

Many I run rotella 5w-30 in all my wet clutch 4 strokes. Dirt bikes, street bikes, ect. Never had a single issue. I do 8-10 hour oil changes with no issues at all. I ride mostly trail and single track so its not a super big deal for me, engine spends more time lugging than screaming. 

• grayracer513

Posted June 25, 2014 - 02:19 PM

I run rotella 5w-30 in all my wet clutch 4 strokes

Yamaha specifies (X)w-30 for the 450 only when running in 70 ℉ ambient temperatures or lower.  Rotella doesn't offer a 5w-30 that I know of, so you may have intended to say 5w-40.  If not, better rethink.

• mvrk10256

Posted June 26, 2014 - 09:12 AM

Not sure why i was thinking it was 5w30

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.