04 Starter Conversion Mod -- Photos & Instructions

14 replies to this topic
  • ddialogue

Posted January 22, 2004 - 08:37 PM

Courtesy of Indy_WR450, I have posted the part numbers, photos and installation instructions on www.wr450.com. Go to the photos section and you'll see the link for the 04 Starter Gear Conversion information. THANKS Indy!

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 22, 2004 - 08:40 PM

Thank you for hosting David. :)

• ill_caper

Posted January 23, 2004 - 07:33 AM

Thanks guys. Much appreciated!!!! :D :) :D :D

• Mike_Hudson

Posted January 23, 2004 - 09:49 AM

Thanks Indy and the other pioneers into this upgrade, I'm off to the dealer to negociate prices.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 23, 2004 - 06:53 PM

Guys, Very well done!!!!!! :D Top notch!!!!!

:D :)

• jeff_eugene_or

Posted January 23, 2004 - 07:29 PM

Dave and Indy,
Great job!!! Thanks a lot for doing this for all of us!!
Jeff :)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 24, 2004 - 07:16 AM

This is what Thumpertalk used to be like..... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SMD

Posted January 24, 2004 - 06:16 PM

Thanks guys very helpful!! :)

Oh and what DanL said....

• AkRider

Posted January 24, 2004 - 07:24 PM

Great job :thumbsup:Thanks for being the Guinea Pigs on this. :)

• drzphatkid

Posted January 24, 2004 - 10:09 PM

Are you sure about the thrust washers?I put mine on either side. :)

Posted January 25, 2004 - 06:36 AM

Yes the thrust washers go on each side. I pulled the cover off of my '04 and checked just to be sure. I'm glad this is working out for you guys.

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 25, 2004 - 07:05 AM

Yeah I had Dave update my instructions on his web site to show the washers on each side. :D I am going to leave them both on the outside and place a very thin one on the inside. Just does not make sense to have that poor an engagement with the gears. The 03 had no washer on this side. It may be only an issue when the torque limiter slips during a backfire. In my case this may be never. The washer is just to thick. :)

• basicblues

Posted February 02, 2004 - 06:41 PM

• lightstorm

Posted February 17, 2004 - 10:24 AM

Yamaha Australia has the bushing available for the 03 side cover as a spare part and it's only about $3AUD dollars.
This saves the purchase of a new side cover if is isnt cracked/broken

• BajaFool

Posted February 17, 2004 - 06:04 PM

Do you have a part number for the Australian 2004 WR450F Starter Side Case Bushing? With a part number, it would be much easier to talk to the parts guy at the local dealer. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.