Strange noise from motor?

3 replies to this topic
  • amerrill130

Posted January 22, 2004 - 05:27 PM

I have a 2000 WR 400, the past couple of rides i have been hearing this noise come from the motor somewhere, I does it when the bike in in gear and neutral, i have tried pulling the clutch in and out nothing, it does it when i give the bike gas, and i think the last time i took it in to the shop the valves where adjusted so i am not really sure what it could be. Can anyone help me?

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 22, 2004 - 06:55 PM

One of your main bearings may be has a broken ball. Most likely on the crank or maybe transmission. need more info and description but the bottom end may need rebuilding after several years. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gfergtr74

Posted January 22, 2004 - 08:14 PM

could be several different things. Need more info. Type of noise, knock, ping, tapping? Let us know so we can help you out.

• amerrill130

Posted January 24, 2004 - 08:27 AM

The noise is like a rattle, no matter if you give it a lot of gas or not it is still the same level of noise, does not get any louder or quiter, so one told me it might be my clutch basket? But i am tempted to take it to the shop if it is something i might be able to do, i have been riding it like this for about a year, had it taken in once before and they said that my valves needed adjustment, but i have only taken it out once or twice since then? So i don't know. Thanks for your help! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.