Plated 2004 WR450F "RED" Sticker Bike in CA

2 replies to this topic
  • JVP

Posted June 20, 2014 - 10:13 AM

Has anyone plated a 2004 WR450F "RED" Sticker bike in California? This bike has a "3" in the 8th digit in the VIN.  I have been told by some it can not be done, others it can, but it is hard to do.  If it can, I got the time, I will make the effort.  If know something, can you PM me and help a brother out.

Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • condor74

Posted June 20, 2014 - 10:28 AM

I believe the wr450 was not California green sticker until 2005. I have an 06 and it is green sticker . As far as I know there is nothing you can do about it unless you go the somewhat shady rout and buy a 2005 or newer frame and title it under that number.

• PBDBLUE

Posted June 20, 2014 - 07:12 PM

At one time you could sneak it through but I think that door is pretty much closed. I had a 2003 WR450 that was CA plated but that was done a long time ago. These days even with the secret handshake it's going to be tough. If you do get a plate at the dmv office don't be surprised if it gets rejected a few months later when it gets processed by Sacramento. 

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.