Injectioneering throttle body mod.

3 replies to this topic
  • Mtrain730

Posted June 19, 2014 - 11:07 AM

Any one here get this done to there 2010-2013 and if yes was it worth the money and would you do it again I use my 2012 as a all around bike I race mx and I also ride around some trails and ride at friends houses so this mod sounds kind of cut out for me I have a fly wheel weight and love it but wouldn't mind smoothing out that off idle lurch a little bit. If all I did was track I wouldn't spend the money but I use my bike for every thing and intend to keep it for a while. Thanks. I think this costs about 300 bucks but I could be wrong.

• SparksXR426

Posted June 19, 2014 - 07:33 PM

I primarily ride tighter single track and the difference it made for me was unreal. I can actually lug the bike down now and bring it back up nice and cleanly with none of that BS flame outs and lurching. I wouldn't still have my 12 except for this mod. Having said that if you ride MX only it's probably not worth doing. And yes it was around 300 bucks when I did mine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • leo 450yfz

Posted June 19, 2014 - 08:12 PM

You probably saw my post in another thread, seeing how you posted right after me. But again, I had it done (got the v3 version, I do 70% track and 30% dunes, and that was what the guy recommended to me) Wade said it's not on the web-site yet, because it needs to be updated. I took it to the track once so far, and it felt great, going to the dunes for the weekend of the 4th, can post a follow up then.

So far I absolutely love how it changed the feel to the power. With it done, I am no longer abusing my clutch. One of the reasons I did the mod, was that I found the silver shavings from my clutch basket in the oil. Was using it a bit too much in the turns. All the power is still there, the bike just doesn't feel like an an angry tiger with mustard on it's behind, when you leave the turns.

• Mtrain730

Posted June 20, 2014 - 06:46 AM

You probably saw my post in another thread, seeing how you posted right after me. But again, I had it done (got the v3 version, I do 70% track and 30% dunes, and that was what the guy recommended to me) Wade said it's not on the web-site yet, because it needs to be updated. I took it to the track once so far, and it felt great, going to the dunes for the weekend of the 4th, can post a follow up then.
So far I absolutely love how it changed the feel to the power. With it done, I am no longer abusing my clutch. One of the reasons I did the mod, was that I found the silver shavings from my clutch basket in the oil. Was using it a bit too much in the turns. All the power is still there, the bike just doesn't feel like an an angry tiger with mustard on it's behind, when you leave the turns.

actually I posted this and then right after saw your post. Lol Thanks for the info guys.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.