2000 WR400F Exhaust clamp torque specs

3 replies to this topic
  • stickysh33ts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 08:35 AM

Just bought a 2000 wr400f. I'm kinda going through and replacing the fluids, filters, and other routine maintenance.
I hope someone else here has this exact bike because im finding the manual to not be all that detailed...
To get to the point, i had to remove my S pipe to change the oil filter.
The problem now is: since ive got every thing back in place im ready to secure the S pipe to the exhaust pipe but i dont see torque specs in the book for "exhaust clamp" or anything similar.
Do any of you gentlemen happen to know what it is exactly? 
I dont want to ruin my brand new gasket ><

• Thommo_400f

Posted June 19, 2014 - 04:41 PM

Try this

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stickysh33ts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 04:59 PM

What is this a picture for ants? lol, thanks for the specs. It was my dumbass fault. The technical name for the clamp is silencer band, a part break down online made it more clear. 
The owners service manual for this bike is truly terrible, its so vague. 
Is there a more detailed manual that maybe shops have access to that i could acquire online? 

• Thommo_400f

Posted June 19, 2014 - 05:05 PM

just click the picture... it expands so you can see it..

Silencer clamp = 14 ft-lb

Edited by Thommo_400f, June 19, 2014 - 05:06 PM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.