suspension settings on 14 450

3 replies to this topic
  • mxracer591

Posted June 18, 2014 - 02:59 PM

Hey all, fairly new to this forum. I just bought a 2014 yz450f. It's great, I love it. Way more then enough power, seems to handle well... All of the above. I'm curious if any one would have some starter settings for the suspension? I'm a beginner/novice. I've ridden a fair amount over the years, but never really got serious enough to consider myself anything more then a novice... Haha. I'm 6'1 and weigh about 190 with gear on. I set the sag so it is about 100-105 mm difference between on the stand and me sitting on it. Any other thoughts? Clicker settings? Anything special I should know about? Thanks!

• ttr230rider6

Posted June 20, 2014 - 06:46 AM

My clicker settings won't be any good for you as I am only 150 pounds so I won't even bother posting them haha. But one thing I found helped a lot was raising the forks in the triple clamps 5 mm (to the first line on them)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted June 20, 2014 - 10:56 AM

This isn't an apples-to-apples scenario for you compared to the advanced riders at MXA, but it is an example. Scroll down quite a ways to see how they set their 2014 450 suspension up. Whatever you end up doing, work one end at a time, one clicker at a time, then go to the other end of the bike and repeat.

Make notes so you have a baseline to fall back on.

http://motocrossacti...ghtening-it-out

• Joe_Jet

Posted June 20, 2014 - 11:26 AM

165lb vet nov

Stock forks

Rear shock: replaced spring with 5.7. Messing with clickers now. Close to non us clicker settings now but probably 1 click in on rebound. Sag 105mm

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.