Good front brake setup?

2 replies to this topic
  • DunmireD001

Posted June 17, 2014 - 10:49 PM

Hey everyone, I'm looking to put my yamaha wr426 in supermoto trim and one issue I know I'm going to run into is the front brakes. Right now the front brake setup (stock) is good enough stopping power to get me by, but I want something that will lock up the front brake, or will have the capabilities of doing stoppies if I so wish. I'm going to be gearing the bike so it will be able run up near 100 top speed so I definatly want something that will stop just as well. I see online they have full setups for $1000, but I'd rather not spend that much if I didn't have to. I Was wondering if there were any other good alternatives, or maybe other brands may come with great brakes, and I could look to just snag a full setup from a different bike. I'm looking for the whole setup, master cylinder/ brake lever, brake line, and caliper. Any ideas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted June 18, 2014 - 06:01 AM

Usually if it's just a street bike not raced, most people go with an over-sized front disc and a re-locator bracket for the caliper.

http://www.ebay.com/...p2054897.l5672 

You could also put on the Honda TRX 450 master cylinder. Check in at Supermoto junkie.

The real racing stuff gets expensive. Maybe a little more feel and consistency less fade on a track.

• funt

Posted June 18, 2014 - 06:18 AM

Usually if it's just a street bike not raced, most people go with an over-sized front disc and a re-locator bracket for the caliper.

http://www.ebay.com/...p2054897.l5672 

You could also put on the Honda TRX 450 master cylinder. Check in at Supermoto junkie.

The real racing stuff gets expensive. Maybe a little more feel and consistency less fade on a track.

+1, That's all I'd do for the street.  Might as well do the brake line too at the same time.  I'm a chicken when it comes to stoppies but I did a nice one the other day when a car pulled out in front of me.  Felt good, I'd like to get over the fear and do them more often.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.