2014 yz450 noise

2 replies to this topic
  • y_amaha 450

Posted June 17, 2014 - 04:23 PM

First of all new member here. I bout a 2014 yz450 about 2 days ago. This is my first 4 stroke after 7 years on 2 strokes. My question is that the motor seems a little noisy at idle like a ticking kinda sound. I did the proper break in. Maybe I'm just not used to the 4 stroke sound. Just curious if there's anything to be concerned with. Thank you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 7FIFTY2

Posted June 17, 2014 - 04:58 PM

If its a brand new bike I doubt its anything to be concerned about. It's been about 5 years since I made the switch and I kind of remember thinking the same thing with my first 450. I think you're probably just hearing the valves and are not used to it. I'm no expert but that would be my guess.

• orangyktmthing

Posted June 17, 2014 - 05:11 PM

If you are concerned, take the bike to a reputable yahama dealer just to give you peace of mind. The bikes come with a 30 day warranty from the factory. The other thing, if something strange does happen right after the thirty days, you will have documentation that it was in the dealership. These four strokes are noisy by nature and chances are that it is perfectly fine. I would err on the side of caution, you just spent 8g on an expensive toy...

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.