Overheating 2012 WR450, need help

Chemical Coolant Engine Radiators & Components

65 replies to this topic
  • rah7777777

Posted March 08, 2015 - 11:32 AM

Which fan?
In 2 minutes Id like to see more of a drop, if its the 4" SPAL fan.

• dcr25060

Posted March 08, 2015 - 02:10 PM

Yes Spal 4". I thought that was pretty good for sitting still.

• rah7777777

Posted March 08, 2015 - 03:14 PM

I guess maybe I should ask exactly how you did the test?

Let it idle (Fan OFF) until it hit 255 and then turned the fan on and after 3 minutes (Still at idle, sitting still with fan ON) the temp was 235?

If so I guess that is not too bad considering (in my case) the fan will activate just over 200 and hopefully won't let it climb in temps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dcr25060

Posted March 08, 2015 - 06:49 PM

Close. I rode around my neighborhood for awhile then parked in my driveway. It was around 220' ehen I parked. Let it idle until it hit 255'(per Trail Tech computer) then turned on fan and continued at same idle speed (+-) 1750 rpm. 255 to 235 in about 3-4 minutes.

• toten

Posted March 08, 2015 - 08:26 PM

I've considered upgrading cooling on my supermoto, mostly for when I get stuck at stoplights etc. I'll probably start by doing a fan, maybe cheap ebay radiators too. How much do the Boyeson water pumps help?

• Rusty99

Posted March 09, 2015 - 07:06 AM

I just received a reply from Trail Tech and they are in the process of designing a fan kit for the Yamaha WR. This is great news for guys like me who don't have the know how to cobble together a fan & switches etc. Sounds like the Trail Tech fan kit will be ready for purchase within a couple months. In the meantime I'm going to do the Boysen water pump & impeller upgrade.

Is there gauge a guy can get that just tells you the engine temp without upgrading the entire stock computer?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.