06 450 ongoing Carb issue?

No replies to this topic
  • Charvel5150

Posted June 16, 2014 - 03:57 PM

Guys i have been battling a lean running 06 450f for a couple weeks now. I actually gave in a week ago and dropped it off at the shop to see what they can do.

So i picked it up today and they couldn't get any different results than me its got a 50 pilot and 170 main the needle is in the 3rd from bottom but you have to have the fuel screw 3 turns out before it runs like normal. I know that is very much not right.

Everything is sealed no leaks anywhere on the intake boots i also put new rubber seals on the float bowl and upper cover thats over the slide and a brand new hot start plunger and seal.   Oh and the carb is clean i have cleaned it several times and so did the shop. What the heck should i look for now? Is it possible the carb is no good?  

Thanks in advance guys im going crazy here

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.