My bike broke: Diagnosis?

3 replies to this topic
  • Victorr

Posted June 16, 2014 - 01:17 AM

Greetings,

I was riding my 07 YZ450F with 480cc big bore on the street with the choke on accidentaly for about 10 minutes, then it died and wouldn't start. So I found the choke was on, and turned it off and it started right up, I was relieved.

However, then I got it up to 5th gear a couple minutes later , and pinned it at 77 for 30seconds, until it lost some power, then lost more, and kept slowly losing power so I kept letting off the gas, until it made an awesome grinding noise whenever I'd touch the gas, in any gear, so I just slowed it down to a stop and wheeled it home. It smelled a strange burnt smell as well.

Does any know what may have happened, and the cost of repair? I haven't tried looking at it yet I was away with my Dad all day.

Thank you for your input, happy fathers day!!

-Victor

• Moto rookie

Posted June 16, 2014 - 02:31 AM

Sounds serious bro. Strip it down or sell it fast :) gl

Ride it like you stole it!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rooster72

Posted June 16, 2014 - 02:56 AM

Look at it this way, you'll have a fresh engine soon!

• Mike in OK

Posted June 16, 2014 - 05:19 AM

Sounds like it's time for a new top end and maybe a head.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.