02 YZ426 Weak spark

No replies to this topic
  • farmallkid48

Posted June 13, 2014 - 04:48 PM

I have an 02 YZ426 that used to run real good, and seemed to start a little on the hard side now and than, after sitting for a while, couple months... it has a very very weak spark, checked most everything according to the manual and everything looks ok, coil tested good, but all my tests on the CDI were way under what the manual says; resistance anyways, the previous owner did have it rigged up with lights and turn signals and a small battery, but havent taken the side cover off to see if the stator is after market or not, tomorrow's project. So does anybody have any ideas what it could be causing the weak spark? it's weak enough where it wont start. I also tested the 2 yellow wires coming off the stator, which i assume probably isn't a stock stator correct? i was told those are the "power" wires and I'm only getting around 1 volt from each one turning it over by hand as fast as I can while reading the meter still haha. Somebody who knows these pretty good said I should be getting around 10 volts? just curious which direction I should head in, really not into throwing parts at it, give me a car and i'll make it run, but bikes... not so much

Thanks for any help!

Johnny

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.