Bar mounts

10 replies to this topic
  • 2009wr450

Posted June 12, 2014 - 07:05 AM

I bent my bars and bar mounts. I am having a hard time finding the correct mounts. I ordered these and they are shorter then stock. Then noticed “Do not work with late model Suzuki or Yamaha off-road bikes”. Does anyone have a suggestion or advice on the correct mounts for my bike? Part number?

http://www.protaper....l-rubber-mounts

Thanks in advance

• stevethe

Posted June 12, 2014 - 07:14 AM

There are many parts houses for stock Yamaha parts. Just Google Yamaha motorcycle parts.

• 2009wr450

Posted June 12, 2014 - 09:15 AM

Google it huh. thanks.

• redhurricane

Posted June 12, 2014 - 10:24 AM

Are you sure the bar mounts are in fact bent? Rubber mount clamps will move in the triple clamp with impacts, remove them, inspect and reinstall.

• 2009wr450

Posted June 12, 2014 - 11:05 AM

Removed and inspected. The bolt that goes through the triple clamp is visibly bent.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • redhurricane

Posted June 12, 2014 - 01:14 PM

replace the bolt?

• 2009wr450

Posted June 12, 2014 - 01:38 PM

I think the bolt and lower part of the bar holder are one piece. I will double check when I am home.

28576_steering.gif

• SilvFx

Posted June 13, 2014 - 10:38 AM

For OEM Yamaha Parts....I like www.ronayers.com.  Very good pricing and reasonable shipping costs.  I think if you order $89 for more and use promo code SHIPFREE13 you can get free shipping.

Part numbers are available in the parts fiche.

http://www.ronayers....NG-C477815.aspx

Of course there are plenty of other online parts places that people shop online.

You must have hit pretty hard to be able to bend the holder.  And you are right there are no rubber mounts on the '09 WR450F

• 2009wr450

Posted June 13, 2014 - 11:17 AM

Thank you very much!

I guess I was just surprised that Pro Taper, ect didn’t offer an aftermarket replacement. Looks like OEM it is but at least your example is cheaper then I have seen.

The bike and I did have a difference of opinion on the route to take to the bottom of the washout…. but we both got there about the same time J. Cost me a helmet, bars, bar mounts, brake lever, my front plate looks like it took a shotgun blast, other plastic took a beating, exhaust took a few scratches. I was dressed for the crash and walked away with no Dr. visits so all things considered, I did okay.

Thanks for the traffic guys.

• mmcdan

Posted June 13, 2014 - 06:03 PM

Rocky Mountain has them in stock for $56 a piece.

Edited by mmcdan, June 13, 2014 - 06:10 PM.

• KennyMc

Posted June 13, 2014 - 11:50 PM

I'll sell you mine for $30 a piece + shipping.  Off of a '07 WR450. Barely used as I put on a Scotts damper pretty quick after getting the bike.

photo (4).JPG

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.