any good front tires?

14 replies to this topic
  • bonez34

Posted May 01, 2001 - 07:01 PM

I'm tired of bustin my a$$ because of the front tire washing out! On a track I was just putting around, hit some sand/loose dirt and almost ate it. PUTTING!!! I know the faster you ride, the easier it is and I'll agree with that but this thing won't stay planted to anything! I have a yz tank/seat and that helped but I think the stock front is junk. Any good ones for soft terrain? I was lookin at the dunlop 756. thanks

• trikmik

Posted May 01, 2001 - 07:21 PM

The Dunlop 756 is an excellent choice. It is what I am currently useing and I love it. The other tire to check out is the Mich S 12. I have ran this is the past with similiar results as the 756. Ride hard, ride often!!!

------------------
2000 Wr, YZ Timed,James Dean carb settings:),fastline cr routing brakeline, YZ exhaust, YZ seat, IMS tank and much more.

• Harry_in_Oz

Posted May 02, 2001 - 01:50 AM

Mitchy Enduro Comp iv!! sticks like **** to a blanket.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted May 02, 2001 - 04:08 AM

Dunlop 756 for the front rails. Mucho better for me. Mostly mud, soft soil, and sand is what I ride. This tire is skinny and bites very well.

• Ynahg

Posted May 02, 2001 - 04:17 AM

Have you tried to setup yor front suspension.

Try a little softer on soft tracks, i may help.

In every case the more you gas it, the less you'll have to worry about the front end.

:)
~Yn@hg~

------------------
'99 WR400 F, YZ exhaust, throttle stop trimmed, WR timing, airbox cover removed

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 02, 2001 - 05:00 AM

Bonez, IMO the Pirelli MT44 on the front is the best tire I have ever tried, I was really amazed on how this tire performed. I can't say enough about it, this thing sticks!!! I havnt tried the Michelin's but I have heard they're good too. Dan

• GNCCYZ400

Posted May 02, 2001 - 12:52 PM

S12's are the way to go in the soft stuff. You cant lose with them.
fyi,
Jeff

------------------

'98 YZ400F
'01 YZ250F
'98 CBR600F3

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bonez34

Posted May 04, 2001 - 05:11 AM

Thanks for the replys. I have the suspension as soft as I can get it without bottoming on the jumps. I have been getting increasingly faster on the track and now I am at the limit of the tires. Those all sound like good tires and I feel anyone of them work excellent!! I guess you guys noticed that the stocker is a POS too? thanks again

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 04, 2001 - 05:41 AM

The Gugeinheim T4 Dogbites grab like no other. It's like riding on rails. T4F front and T4R rear.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 04, 2001 - 05:49 AM

The Gugeinheim T4 Dogbites grab like no other.

Oh my god!! I tried those bad boys once on my Can-Am MX6 400, Gugeinheim???? Those tires are the worst!! especially the T4's, The T3 on the other hand are great. :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 04, 2001 - 06:00 AM

Dan
You must not ride hard enough to handle the T4's. :)

• bonez34

Posted May 04, 2001 - 06:13 AM

Sorry, gugenheim? sounds like a german food, dance, or body part. kinda rhymes with cheng-shin doesn't it? :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 04, 2001 - 06:15 AM

These are special, hand made in germany. Each knobby is crafted within .0005
You will never crash again! :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 04, 2001 - 08:18 AM

Mike , where do you get them?
Dennis

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 04, 2001 - 08:33 AM

I get them at bike dreams. They have strange hours. They open around 9pm and close around 5 am. It's a really cool store. It is like ANYTHING is possible when you are there. It sucks when you leave becuase it's like Buzz Buzz Buzz, back to reality. Coffee anyone? :) :D :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.