Strange low end bogging/loss of power.

2 replies to this topic
  • Zakrad_u

Posted June 09, 2014 - 08:14 AM

This is on an 09 yz450.

My pilot jet was clogged up pretty good before this problem. It would run fine after it would finally start.

Jumpstart to now, carb is clean with a new stock pilot. Starts great, revs great. After warming up and going for a ride, the bike will bog off idle, as far as I can remember, only when letting the clutch out and trying to get moving. It is like it needs reved up a good bit, but, clutch feels fine.

It will rip hard on the top end once the revs finally get up there.

I do not believe it to be a clutch problem.

Any suggestions? It is kind of hard to explain unfortunately. I could probably get a vid if it is necessary.

Stock pilot and 1 up on the main BTW.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zakrad_u

Posted June 09, 2014 - 08:15 AM

Now that I think about it, the feeling is sort of like holding the back break while trying to get moving. After about 1500 rpms off idle tho runs fine.

• Zakrad_u

Posted June 09, 2014 - 03:42 PM

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.