need some help with GYTR tuning

2 replies to this topic
  • jimmyyzf450

Posted June 08, 2014 - 07:47 PM

long time creeper, first time I have a 2011 YZ450f. I just bought the GYTR tuner and have been having a blast playing with the maps that are posted on here. I was wondering if anyone knows how low in the settings I can go.

I'm looking at de-tuning the power for trail riding and letting my kid have a crack at riding it. I don't wanna ruin the engine by making the setting too retarded or something. any help would be great . thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SAthump

Posted June 08, 2014 - 08:08 PM

You can run the extremes on the tuner without causing damage

Retard the timing and fatten the fuel a few degrees in low rpm 1/4 throttle setting That will help relax the initial bark the bike has

• YZ450F2014

Posted June 09, 2014 - 10:34 AM

I just got my power tuner. 

I want my bike to be smoother on bottom and add some power on top,  How am I suppost to map it?

Does more fuel makes it smoother and less fuel adds power?

In that case I should map it something like this?

+3 0 -3

+3 0 -3

+3 0 -3

How does the ignition affect the power?

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.