2010 YZ450F Acceleration Bog

3 replies to this topic
  • waterhouse67

Posted June 08, 2014 - 09:57 AM

I have a 2010 YZ450 that has a nasty bog when getting on the throttle hard.  The bike has 85 hours on it and the bog didnt start happening until about two weeks ago.  I ride mostly on a motocross track.  The bog happens right when I need the power the most, on the face of a jump.  It feels like I am pressing the kill button.  The bike has never died, just loses all rpms.  The bike had 4 historic codes on it; atmospheric pressure sensor, throttle posistion sensor, intake air pressure sensor, and coolant temp sensor. I have replaced the stator/pick up coil and the kill button, neither of which have helped my issue. I have checked valves, all sensors, and wiring per the service manual and have not found any problem. Does anyone have any idea whats wrong with my bike? I feel like it is an electrical issue and not mechanical, as the bike always starts right up and runs great until the bike is hot. I am yet to determine if I am losing spark or fuel when the bog happens. 

• Stu2

Posted June 11, 2014 - 12:07 AM

Its most likely the fuel pump, mine did the same on a jump face or when I lifted the front to get over a whoop etc

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • waterhouse67

Posted June 13, 2014 - 05:31 AM

I have had a fuel pressure guage on the bike and it has never lost pressure, it holds steady at 48 psi.  I double checked all the wiring again and found a connector that is not listed in the service manual anywhere.  It is on the right hand side rame rail on a bracket that holds the atmospheric pressure sensor.  You can access it by taking out the airbox.  The connector is a hub for all like color wires to come together.  I took the connector apart and found that I had corrosion on one of the ground wires.  I cleaned it all up, put it back together, and took it out riding.  So far I have not gotten the bog to come back.  Im hoping that fixed my issue.

• Goforaride

Posted June 13, 2014 - 04:16 PM

I have had a fuel pressure guage on the bike and it has never lost pressure, it holds steady at 48 psi.  I double checked all the wiring again and found a connector that is not listed in the service manual anywhere.  It is on the right hand side rame rail on a bracket that holds the atmospheric pressure sensor.  You can access it by taking out the airbox.  The connector is a hub for all like color wires to come together.  I took the connector apart and found that I had corrosion on one of the ground wires.  I cleaned it all up, put it back together, and took it out riding.  So far I have not gotten the bog to come back.  Im hoping that fixed my issue.

keep us posted. That's good info to k

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.