• ThunderChicken

Posted January 21, 2004 - 06:07 PM

i think im gonna piss my pants

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted January 21, 2004 - 08:00 PM

:jawdrop:WOW!!!! :) :D

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 21, 2004 - 09:07 PM

Man, That's sooooo cool............ Two weeks ago Mouse McCoy (co-Producer) and I worked on a commercial together featuring the boys from Orange county choppers.. Mouse did some insane stunts involving Cars,choppers and helicopters.. The guy is super talented in many areas. He's a very successful stuntman/coordinator. He told me all about his baja race this year and how his guys caught Campbell cutting the race course on a beach section (I believe it's shown on the movie trailer). Mouse told me that he's going back down to San Felipe for some more footage.. I begged him to take me down there to work on it, he said he'll let me know... Anyway, looks like a great movie... It'll be a legendary film for guys like us that live to ride.. :)

• qadsan

Posted January 21, 2004 - 09:46 PM

Man, That's sooooo cool............

Yeah, it looks bitchen! (can I say that :D) I'll gladly buy it or see it if its in the theaters the first chance I get when its available :)

• Kritter

Posted January 22, 2004 - 12:06 AM

I will be down in San Felipe for the race...lets get a TT ride going for Friday the 27th I believe. I am staying at Petes camp.

• JackAttack

Posted January 22, 2004 - 06:41 AM

I will be down in San Felipe for the race...lets get a TT ride going for Friday the 27th...

I think I will be there as well and would be very interested in riding on Friday with some guys that know the area. :D

Please keep me informed. :)

• ThunderChicken

Posted January 22, 2004 - 11:58 AM

Man, That's sooooo cool............ Two weeks ago Mouse McCoy (co-Producer) and I worked on a commercial together featuring the boys from Orange county choppers.. Mouse did some insane stunts involving Cars,choppers and helicopters.. The guy is super talented in many areas. He's a very successful stuntman/coordinator. He told me all about his baja race this year and how his guys caught Campbell cutting the race course on a beach section (I believe it's shown on the movie trailer). Mouse told me that he's going back down to San Felipe for some more footage.. I begged him to take me down there to work on it, he said he'll let me know... Anyway, looks like a great movie... It'll be a legendary film for guys like us that live to ride.. :)

dan, any idea if they went out and shot background footage of henge and campbell at district 37 races, nationals or other score races?

i'm wondering if there will be a segment in the film that more or less backgrounds desert racing at the regional level...

• FlyByWire

Posted January 22, 2004 - 12:02 PM

I'll be in San Felipe as well. Dont know if I can fit my bike in the truck.. The fuel tower is pretty big.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 22, 2004 - 12:05 PM

dan, any idea if they went out and shot background footage of henge and campbell at district 37 races, nationals or other score races?

i'm wondering if there will be a segment in the film that more or less backgrounds desert racing at the regional level...

Thunder, I'm not sure.... It's possible but I think they're concentrating on Mexico.... :)

• FlyByWire

Posted January 22, 2004 - 12:06 PM

Looks like it is VERY well produced... Is this an 'In theatre' or a DVD thing? Ive tried looking for a website or something, cant find anything :)

Duh... guess if I had payed attention at the end of the clip I would know..
GOD those BRP's looked sweet!!!

• ThunderChicken

Posted January 22, 2004 - 12:19 PM

d2gfilm.com

• ThunderChicken

Posted January 22, 2004 - 12:20 PM

Thunder, I'm not sure.... It's possible but I think they're concentrating on Mexico.... :)

that's what i figured. i was just sort of hoping to see even a transition from local racing to baja... for example if they were introducing henge, footage of him racing locally, and then on to baja...etc.

• Rokatt88

Posted January 22, 2004 - 12:31 PM

Man, That's sooooo cool............

Yeah, it looks bitchen! (can I say that :D)

Yeah, You can say that...'cause it IS! :)

• Kritter

Posted January 22, 2004 - 02:42 PM

Its all mexico and all from November 2003 baja 1000 I believe.

• irondude

Posted January 22, 2004 - 03:07 PM

I got panned around mile 85 by their helicopter! Of course its unlikely to make the final cut-but man oh man if I see #404 on the big screen i'm gonna cop a shite eatin grinn. They panned us again at the hand off at Trinidad- They had a camera motorcycle in the race as well-and the guy could ride! I've heard over 80 hollywood types were down there involved in filming...Yeah that 'Mouse' McCoy is one tuff dude. It was a tuff 1000 and he Ironmanned it with style.

San Felipe:
Lets GO! I will meet ya at Petes Camp-just set a day and time- and/or come on by my beach house at Santa Maria. I will be down there prerunning the endless woops of that course from the 14th-16th Feb, and then from the 26th to the 31st.
Beach house is 20 mins south of Felipe (4 miles from the course) - off paved road to Puertocitos. Go toward beach at Santa Maria (south of Percebu 5 mins) turnoff. Go all the way to the beach- its the 15th house on the left. Look for large compound with a balcony looking back at Mount Diablo. Sounds hard to find-but isnt. Black F350 and plenty of BRP's in the courtyard!
Pigfest Felipe. kewl......!

• Kritter

Posted January 22, 2004 - 08:36 PM

"will be down there prerunning the endless woops of that course from the 14th-16th Feb, and then from the 26th to the 31st."

The race is the Feb 28th....you racin? I am game to meet up Friday morning the 27th for a ride.

• JackAttack

Posted January 22, 2004 - 10:10 PM

"will be down there prerunning the endless woops of that course from the 14th-16th Feb, and then from the 26th to the 31st."

The race is the Feb 28th....you racin? I am game to meet up Friday morning the 27th for a ride.

I'm game for a run Friday morning the 27th also(I'm not racing). :)

• Baja Rudy

Posted January 23, 2004 - 02:13 PM

this movie should be a great one. Mouse McCoy is a very fast rider and I got to know him while pre-running for the baja 1000 (filming and racing). He is a great guy along with his father. Mouse Dad and I we were at the finish line during the baja 1000 all night long until the next day drinking some Mexican "T" (tequila and tecate beer). the release date is schedule for June 04 in Ensenada Mexico...most likely before the baja 500. :)

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.