When might next years model be released?

6 replies to this topic
  • Nicholas_Coad

Posted January 17, 2002 - 11:02 AM

I'm curious what Yamaha's policy has been in the past with regards to new model releases. For example, the 2002 Subaru WRX was released in early 2001.

When can I expect the YZ450F to be released? I'd like to hold out for the '03 450 instead of the '02 426...

Nicholas

• thumper4life

Posted January 17, 2002 - 11:12 AM

no one knows if its a 450...but "IT" should be out around september i believe? somewhere around there. We're sure to know what it will be sooner then that though.

• Ga426owner

Posted January 17, 2002 - 11:26 AM

I believe the Yamaha Dealer Show is in June. This is usually the time the rumors turn into facts....
Shipments usually start sept-Nov....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MXOldtimer

Posted January 17, 2002 - 11:41 AM

gezzzzzzzzzz :D It's only January,,,don't make my 02 old already :)

• flyinguitars

Posted January 17, 2002 - 11:42 AM

I got the first '01 426 in my area in mid Oct. 2000.
Mike

• yamaha.dude

Posted January 17, 2002 - 12:17 PM

The Yz range is released earlier than the Wr range, but the dealers can only order them when the big wigs are happy that stocks of current models are almost depleted... the 03 range might sit in the warehouse for a few weeks until most of the 02's are sold off... of course, your dealer may have a very special relationship with HQ, but you would have to be a pretty high level rider with a proper racing team to get your bikes any earlier than the average punter...

You are going to be doing a lot of waiting if you want an 03 model... try 8-10 months...

Think of all that track time you are going to miss... :) unless you buy a copy of MCM 2 and just pretend...

David

• Nicholas_Coad

Posted January 17, 2002 - 12:53 PM

Damn... 8-10months... nope, can't wait... must buy soon..

Nicholas

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.