2015 YZ450F

26 replies to this topic
  • tylerharvey753

Posted June 05, 2014 - 11:05 AM

2015_YZ450F_DPBSE_US_3-750x561.jpg

2015 YZ450F FEATURES & BENEFITS

NEW! Stiffer fork springs, new valving and a new fork outer tube improve performance in the mid-to-end stroke and aid fork bottoming resistance.

NEW! Quick-release quarter-turn Dzus air box fasteners for tool-less access to the air filter.

NEW! A new steel bottom engine bracket has been designed for increased rigidity balance and damping feel.

NEW! New Dunlop MX52 tires offer excellent traction front and rear, especially on hard surfaces.

YZ450F ENGINE:

The high-performance ECU provides great bottom-end torque plus delivers a strong feeling of power from 3rd gear up while the gear ratios lengthen the powerband and heighten the feeling of power in 2nd and 3rd gear.

The valve mechanisms and cylinder head feature specs that take performance to the next level, resulting in added power and outstanding performance.

The exhaust pipe has an innovative layout, circling the cylinder, giving the exhaust pipe proper length for an excellent exhaust-pulse effect. At the same time, the exhaust pipe has three different diameters throughout the exhaust tract, bringing out excellent power characteristics. This layout allows the silencer to be behind the side panel closer to the middle of the bike, which centralizes the mass for superior handling.

The compact wet sump lubrication system with piston cooler spray jet eliminates the need for an oil tank, reducing engine weight. The water pump employs a plastic resin impeller for further weight reduction. The
reduced size of the crankcase enabled by this lubrication system design is a major factor in making it possible to mount the 450cc engine on the compact frame to deliver precise and instinctive handling.

The accessory GYTR Power Tuner can simplify the work of adjusting fuel injection volume and ignition timing settings to fit personal preferences or track conditions.

YZ450F CHASSIS/SUSPENSION:

A Bilateral Beam frame is adopted, and the overall dimensions are roughly the same as the frame of the 2013 YZ250F. This gives the YZ450F a compact chassis that provides the most instinctive handling in the 450 motocross class.

The aluminum muffler is positioned closer to the machine’s center of gravity as it is almost completely hidden by the side number plate. The layout allows a shorter, lighter subframe and also contributes to mass
centralization for a lightweight handling feel.

The front suspension has proven KYB® air-oil separated forks with stiffer fork springs, new valving and a new fork outer tube to improve performance in the mid-to-end stroke and aid fork bottoming resistance. The rear suspension also features settings optimized for ideal damping characteristics to match the chassis dimensions.

The large-diameter 22mm front axle and top triple clamp provide rigidity for unmatched handling and front-end feel. The handlebar mounts are rubber mounted to improve comfort and reduce handlebar vibration.

The fuel tank and air cleaner box give the machine a slimmer feeling between the legs and positions the fuel tank mass closer to the center of the bike, which improves handling feel. Furthermore, the air box can
be accessed without removing the fuel tank for easy serviceability of the large air cleaner element.

A narrow radiator design contributes to slimming down the radiator panel
area.

• LiamRM212

Posted June 05, 2014 - 11:20 AM

Wow... Thanks for posting this.

• k.g

Posted June 05, 2014 - 11:22 AM

Black wheels look awesome.

• Goforaride

Posted June 05, 2014 - 11:46 AM

Black rims look cool until the first sand ride. Or just about any other off track ride. Sounds like its the same bike as the 2014 aside from the motor mount some suspention tweaking and quick detach filter box.

• swaldrop

Posted June 05, 2014 - 12:17 PM

Black rims look cool until the first sand ride. Or just about any other off track ride. Sounds like its the same bike as the 2014 aside from the motor mount some suspention tweaking and quick detach filter box.

I ride pretty much sand only and run 10 lbs of air. While the color on the edge of the rear rim where it meets the tire does wear a bit, they still look great after 150 hours. I have repeated this process (ride sand with black rims for 150+ hours at low pressure) a few times, and my results are always the same. That being said, I like silver too. Just prefer the black. :)

• Goforaride

Posted June 05, 2014 - 12:41 PM

I wonder if you could retfofit the quick detach filter box cover to the 2014 model

• drtrcr400

Posted June 05, 2014 - 12:57 PM

I wonder if you could retfofit the quick detach filter box cover to the 2014 model

This is the only difference:
http://www.rockymoun...are-Kit?v=11332

• GunnerTowny

Posted June 07, 2014 - 02:56 PM

Does anybody know if they are going to be putting out the "White Wonder" bikes with the black rims? Thats what I like!

• Goforaride

Posted June 07, 2014 - 03:20 PM

Does anybody know if they are going to be putting out the "White Wonder" bikes with the black rims? Thats what I like!

yamaha's website shows the white bike with black wheels for 2015

• crb357

Posted June 07, 2014 - 03:39 PM

Anyone think they would be faster on the 2015 than the 09 with proper cam and exhaust? That is the question.

Edited by crb357, June 07, 2014 - 03:40 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MXKyle

Posted June 07, 2014 - 04:17 PM

Anyone think they would be faster on the 2015 than the 09 with proper cam and exhaust? That is the question.

I had an properly set up '09 with a pipe. I loved it but it wasn't even close to my tuned stock '14.

--KT--

• grayracer513

Posted June 07, 2014 - 04:33 PM

Yes is the answer.

• crb357

Posted June 07, 2014 - 04:35 PM

Cool. I'm down with a torn up right knee till next May and just sold my 09 which I loved. I have my fingers crossed for an E start 2016 YZ 450 I've heard rumors about in Europe. I'm probably dreaming, but dreams sometimes come true. I just hope they stick with the SSS Fork and don't go air.

• crb357

Posted June 07, 2014 - 04:37 PM

Oh, and count me in on loving the Black wheels stock. I ride off road and have had them for several years and even a little nicked and scratched they still really set the bike off for me.

• savagex

Posted June 10, 2014 - 02:47 PM

Any ideas when these will be available at the dealer?

• brap450

Posted June 10, 2014 - 04:19 PM

Really hate to say it but if the blue is coming with the black wheels then they may have a new first time yamaha rider :)

• JLB943

Posted June 10, 2014 - 05:40 PM

Cool. I'm down with a torn up right knee till next May and just sold my 09 which I loved. I have my fingers crossed for an E start 2016 YZ 450 I've heard rumors about in Europe. I'm probably dreaming, but dreams sometimes come true. I just hope they stick with the SSS Fork and don't go air.

This is exactly what I am hoping for. They have the e-start on some of the MXGP bikes. I may have to upgrade when the do that. My luck they will do that the same time the change to air forks which I have no desire to have.

• crb357

Posted June 10, 2014 - 06:20 PM

I really don't mind the kick start, however with my right knee competely destroyed, (i managed to completely tear EVERY possible tendon in my knee, I will be having a 2nd surgery next month, that is how bad I did it up)......I'm going to need the E Start!!! I'm a Yamaha guy so the thought of going to another brand makes me flat out depressed. So I'm praying for the 2016 E Start YZ.

The Air fork I (we) can overcome by just retro fitting some SSS forks. Might need new clamps and possible caliper, axle, spacers, etc....but should be no big deal. Keep in mind I'm a pure Enduro/Harescramble guy, so that is why I'm not a fan of the air fork. Having one fail 30 miles from the truck doesn't sound like anything I'm interested in dealing with. MX guys will probably love them I guess.

• Mitch-R

Posted June 10, 2014 - 06:39 PM

My buddy and I got a vid on the new 2015 yamaha bikes, he got a vid on the four strokes and I got a vid on the new 2 strokes. We saw the bikes in the back of the xgames austin motox freestyle pits and we had to get a look so we did!

• Drenmaster

Posted June 11, 2014 - 06:15 AM

think the new engine mount with fit on the 2014 bike? 

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.