What came with your 2014 yz450f?

20 replies to this topic
  • Goforaride

Posted June 04, 2014 - 05:22 PM

When you bought your 2014 did you get any accessories? Triangle stand? Other extras or were you just shoved out the door with just the bike? I just bought one yesterday and I left the shop feeling kinda empty handed. I even had to return and request an owners manual after I noticed it was not in the folder with the other paperwork. I could have swore that I read in one of the mxa reviews that it came with some goodies including a triangle.

Edited by Goforaride, June 04, 2014 - 05:24 PM.

• dbtannehill

Posted June 04, 2014 - 06:08 PM

When you bought your 2014 did you get any accessories? Triangle stand? Other extras or were you just shoved out the door with just the bike? I just bought one yesterday and I left the shop feeling kinda empty handed. I even had to return and request an owners manual after I noticed it was not in the folder with the other paperwork. I could have swore that I read in one of the mxa reviews that it came with some goodies including a triangle.

I got an owners manual, plugs for the pipe, fuel line and breather. They even threw in at no cost an FMF power core 4, plus the triangle stand.

• Goforaride

Posted June 04, 2014 - 06:25 PM

I got an owners manual, plugs for the pipe, fuel line and breather. They even threw in at no cost an FMF power core 4, plus the triangle stand.

now I feel really screwed. Is any of that standard per yamaha

• dbtannehill

Posted June 04, 2014 - 06:34 PM

now I feel really screwed. Is any of that standard per yamaha

Everything but the pipe. They threw that in after I told them I'd be using it in hare scrambles and would need a spark arrestor. I'd go back and give them hell.

• Goforaride

Posted June 04, 2014 - 06:39 PM

Everything but the pipe. They threw that in after I told them I'd be using it in hare scrambles and would need a spark arrestor. I'd go back and give them hell.

ya sounds like that's exactly what I'm gonna do. I mean, I'm not trying to be petty but when your told that certain items come with purchase and you get pushed out the door without even a manual, it's irritating. I paid for this bike with my hard earned cash and I want every penny worth of merchandise I can get out of the purchase. Especially if the items are part of the standard purchase package.

• dbtannehill

Posted June 04, 2014 - 06:41 PM

ya sounds like that's exactly what I'm gonna do. I mean, I'm not trying to be petty but when your told that certain items come with purchase and you get pushed out the door without even a manual, it's irritating. I paid for this bike with my hard earned cash and I want every penny worth of merchandise I can get out of the purchase. Especially if the items are part of the standard purchase package.

Good luck!

• Goforaride

Posted June 04, 2014 - 06:44 PM

Where are you located and what did you pay otd?

• dbtannehill

Posted June 04, 2014 - 06:52 PM

Where are you located and what did you pay otd?

New Mexico. Total 9134 and some change.

• Goforaride

Posted June 04, 2014 - 06:54 PM

New Mexico. Total 9134 and some change.

hmm. I got mine 8100 otd. Guess I can't complain to much but still, I like free stuff just as much as the next guy

• dbtannehill

Posted June 04, 2014 - 07:10 PM

hmm. I got mine 8100 otd. Guess I can't complain to much but still, I like free stuff just as much as the next guy

It was 8490, the 9134 plus tax and set up plus New Mexico OHV registration. I'm happy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Goforaride

Posted June 04, 2014 - 07:13 PM

It was 8490, the 9134 plus tax and set up plus New Mexico OHV registration. I'm happy.

yah I would be too with the power core. Fortunately here in oregon, we have no sales tax (yet)

• dbtannehill

Posted June 04, 2014 - 07:16 PM

yah I would be too with the power core. Fortunately here in oregon, we have no sales tax (yet)

I miss no sales tax or state income tax. Sooner or later I'll go back to Texas. Been to Medford. Beautiful country.

• Goforaride

Posted June 04, 2014 - 07:21 PM

I miss no sales tax or state income tax. Sooner or later I'll go back to Texas. Been to Medford. Beautiful country.

sure is. That and the cost of living make it darn near perfect. I wish we didn't have income tax. Of course they would just take it from us elsewhere

• suzuki son of a bitch

Posted June 04, 2014 - 07:29 PM

A hot honey

• zeuszuki

Posted June 04, 2014 - 09:19 PM

Got the usual stuff;

2x top end kits

2x clutch cover O'rings

2x clutch cover gaskets

2x ignition cover gaskets

FI line plugs

Triangle stand

Muffler packing + rivets

spoke wrench

Full work shop manual

I do not think I have missed anything.

• Goforaride

Posted June 04, 2014 - 09:47 PM

Got the usual stuff;
2x top end kits
2x clutch cover O'rings
2x clutch cover gaskets
2x ignition cover gaskets
FI line plugs
Triangle stand
Muffler packing + rivets
spoke wrench
Full work shop manual

I do not think I have missed anything.

ok I get it. I will stop bitching. I guess I'm just left a little dissatisfied in the shop forgetting to give me something so basic as a manual. Made me wonder if they had forgot anything else.

• BGoyins

Posted June 05, 2014 - 06:12 PM

When they give you the Owners Service Manual flip through the first few pages and you should find a section telling you what came with the bike and what's it for. That's the minimum stuff you paid for.

• zeuszuki

Posted June 05, 2014 - 10:34 PM

ok I get it. I will stop bitching. I guess I'm just left a little dissatisfied in the shop forgetting to give me something so basic as a manual. Made me wonder if they had forgot anything else.

So you got the same parts as me but they forgot the manual? 

• grayracer513

Posted June 06, 2014 - 06:20 AM

US models don't come with the spares that the Euro/Aussie bikes do.  No gaskets or top kits.  Just a manual and an odd tool or two.  The carb bikes came with a couple of main jets.

• yzUSMCf

Posted June 13, 2014 - 04:59 PM

Just bought a 14 yz450f yesterday I got a manual, triangle stand, spoke wrench, some fuel line plugs and spark plug wrench. And I bought a 2 year warranty on the engine/trans
With out the Warranty OTD was 8800 . Bike was on sale 6999 plus all the tax fees in california and registration ect ect

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.