Anyone need XR650R wheels?

12 replies to this topic
  • TommyA

Posted January 21, 2004 - 12:51 PM

I have a set off of my 03 that are like new. They are listed in the classifieds.

• ThunderChicken

Posted January 21, 2004 - 01:11 PM

where? i can find them. post a url to the thread.

• stonewall

Posted January 21, 2004 - 01:29 PM

Here's your link

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted January 21, 2004 - 01:44 PM

hmmm.... A Little pricey I looked at spare stock wheels for my 650L brand new from honda were about the same price maybe a little less. :)

• irondude

Posted January 21, 2004 - 01:51 PM

Yeah its a bit on the high side. Especially for a set.

New complete single 650 wheel sets go for $200-400 on Ebay.

Curiously Talon/Excell 650 wheelset brandnew arent that much more. They can be had for around $550 if ya find a deal.

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted January 21, 2004 - 01:58 PM

Yeah I got my complete extra set of wheels for my 650L off ebay and they were in great condition very few scratches and paid less than $500 for the set. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TommyA

Posted January 21, 2004 - 02:36 PM

Well, I priced them at $800.00 because I saw a set go for $810.00 on Ebay about a month or so ago. They did not have the brake rotors and were not in as good of shape. These have only 22 miles on them. And only asphalt. No offroading. Anyway, thought I would offer them up here before they go on Ebay. Any offers?

• Rockjockey

Posted January 21, 2004 - 03:17 PM

I just bought a set of brand new black Excel rims with stainless spokes with Rad mfg.hubs off of this website for $500.00 delivered to my door.Now thats a bargain. :)

• ThunderChicken

Posted January 21, 2004 - 05:07 PM

Well, I priced them at $800.00 because I saw a set go for $810.00 on Ebay about a month or so ago. They did not have the brake rotors and were not in as good of shape. These have only 22 miles on them. And only asphalt. No offroading. Anyway, thought I would offer them up here before they go on Ebay. Any offers?

yeah that's a hard call. if they are really that clean $800 is skimming the top just a little but still a decent price. when it comes to wheels you can't beat a clean OEM setup. imho. however, nowadys people's eyes light up like indians looking at glass beads when they see the shinny top shelf stuff being sold in the aftermarket...i.e. excell and talon.

stick it on ebay, set the reserve around $700 and let em fight it out. i'd buy the rear from you if you were selling it seperate.

• irondude

Posted January 21, 2004 - 05:35 PM

I will offer $300 for the rear. Sorry-but thats as high as i will go. If neither Thunderchicken nor Ebay snags it-then lemme know and i will take it.

• porkr

Posted January 22, 2004 - 06:23 AM

Will they fit on the L? Axles the same etc. Opening bid, $400.00

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted January 22, 2004 - 07:14 AM

No they wont fit as I have found out first hand when I tried a 650r rear wheel on my L and the axle bolt from my bike was too small for the wheel. Seems they beefed up the axle bolt for the R. Im not totally sure about the front wheel though. Your best bet is to just get a set of wheels from a 93 or newer L . :)

• TommyA

Posted January 22, 2004 - 01:23 PM

Thanks for the offers guys.
And to those of you who offered your opinions, thanks for not being too harsh.
Guess it's time to Ebay em. :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.