Another hanging throttle 03 450 unique

4 replies to this topic
  • Jason11

Posted June 02, 2014 - 04:16 PM

New to posting but not new to site. I have been on here searching and got solutions for several bikes. Searched over a week for this one but nothing has corrected the problem. It's an 03 but practically new. Brakes pads, air cleaner and tires are original and nearly new, so I know it has not been riden much at all. It sat for nine years and was purchased and rode a few times by previous owner. I got the bike, rode it a few times with absolutely no problems. Cranked it one day and it would not come down to normal idle like it had previously. No changes, no work done and no add ons. I have checked the hot start, cleaned the jets and carb three times, affirmed the fuel screw was close 2 1/2 out, and looked the boot over for imperfections. Guys I need some help

• Jason11

Posted June 02, 2014 - 04:27 PM

Quick pic of the bike

Attached Thumbnails

• 20140301_151245.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ryan Parker

Posted June 03, 2014 - 07:24 AM

Throttle cable problems?

• grayracer513

Posted June 03, 2014 - 08:13 AM

Check your valve clearance.  Tight intakes can cause a hanging idle.

• Jason11

Posted June 03, 2014 - 11:29 AM

Throttle cable seems to be fine. Would a bike with such low hours have valves out of adjuatment?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.