I've changed sides. Wr450f

5 replies to this topic
  • x_JT_x

Posted May 31, 2014 - 12:36 PM

I just yesterday traded my drz400e for a great shape wr450f. 2004, under 500 miles. Its got fatty bars, a gyr pipe tip (or whatever that yamaha brand thing is) and is otherwise pretty stock.. Advice on what to do first? Here's a picture because everyone loves picturesImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401568207.656678.jpg

I can already tell it's going to be great..

On another note, it dripped a couple drops of oil out of that breather tube. Doesn't seem normal, but the oil that came out was a good honey color. Is it supposed to drop oil from there? I'll be doing a oil and filter change and a full grease job on the bike.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 31, 2014 - 02:27 PM

That breather gets condensation and turns the oil over flow a weird color.

Ignore it.

Read the FAQ section at the top of the forum

• pavementsurfer

Posted June 04, 2014 - 06:22 PM

I just yesterday traded my drz400e for a great shape wr450f. 2004, under 500 miles. Its got fatty bars, a gyr pipe tip (or whatever that yamaha brand thing is) and is otherwise pretty stock.. Advice on what to do first? Here's a picture because everyone loves picturesattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401568207.656678.jpg

I can already tell it's going to be great..

On another note, it dripped a couple drops of oil out of that breather tube. Doesn't seem normal, but the oil that came out was a good honey color. Is it supposed to drop oil from there? I'll be doing a oil and filter change and a full grease job on the bike.

Street title the wr and you will love it even more, it'll smoke that drz!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x_JT_x

Posted June 04, 2014 - 06:25 PM

Street title the wr and you will love it even more, it'll smoke that drz!

Impossible. I live in California. Plus, If I wanted something street legal it would be like a ninja or cbr. But I'm fine with driving a car as it is ;)

• RyanOhli

Posted June 12, 2014 - 10:49 PM

Ride it!!!

• MANIAC998

Posted June 13, 2014 - 01:58 AM

Get an adjustable air/fuel screw, and ride!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.