2010 yz450f wont start

1 reply to this topic
  • lv4snow

Posted May 30, 2014 - 03:03 PM

Bike has always been hard to start (7-8, sometimes more kicks) but after I put in a clean air filter yesterday, I went to start it to warm it up to change the oil but it wouldnt start. Kicked it for 10 minutes and nothing.

Checked plug, it was wet/black with some carbon so I changed it. Checked valves, they were the exact same as last year when I checked them last.
Checked fuel cap vent, it was fine.

Bike has 71 hours on stock top end
Last time I rode was 2 weeks ago with no issues
No codes on the tuner

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lv4snow

Posted May 31, 2014 - 02:46 PM

Update: bike started after 3 kicks today shut it off and tried again and won't start. I'm thinking it's a fuel pump issue. How do I troubleshoot fuel pump issues? Besides swapping out with a known good?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.