Holy balls the new 2014 WR450's are expenisive!

25 replies to this topic
  • Fryboy

Posted May 29, 2014 - 05:17 PM

Anyone here want to buy any bodily fluids to help me buy a new steed? 

Damn!   I bought brand new in 02 for just under 6k.  OTD price 2014 WR for $9200 or 11K with all kinds of goodies.  What's a poor man to do?  Rent my kid out to wash cars?  Whole family selling blood on the regular?  Sell my semen?  11K for a freakin toy?   Yikes,  how do you talk yourself into doing it?  Only live once blah blah blah.   Buying a new bike may kill me from buyers remorse.  WOW !   Still shocked I thought only KTM's cost that much? 

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 29, 2014 - 05:36 PM

Yeah, you need to look harder.

Closer to $7800 otd

• Chaconne

Posted May 29, 2014 - 05:43 PM

Anyone here want to buy any bodily fluids to help me buy a new steed? 

Damn!   I bought brand new in 02 for just under 6k.  OTD price 2014 WR for $9200 or 11K with all kinds of goodies.  What's a poor man to do?  Rent my kid out to wash cars?  Whole family selling blood on the regular?  Sell my semen?  11K for a freakin toy?   Yikes,  how do you talk yourself into doing it?  Only live once blah blah blah.   Buying a new bike may kill me from buyers remorse.  WOW !   Still shocked I thought only KTM's cost that much? 

Hey Fry where you buying that? 8200 is list.

I just bought mine last week for 8k otd here on the East Coast. I agree with KoolAide shop around some more. Or wait till the 2015s come out, I saw 2013 leftovers for around 7k but the travel was not worth it for me. :ride:

• Fryboy

Posted May 29, 2014 - 06:27 PM

Hey Fry where you buying that? 8200 is list.

I just bought mine last week for 8k otd here on the East Coast. I agree with KoolAide shop around some more. Or wait till the 2015s come out, I saw 2013 leftovers for around 7k but the travel was not worth it for me. :ride:

Here in California.  Its crazy talk.  I don't know man I just can't believe anyone pays that much. I'd rather not name the shop but yes, I am thinking some shopping around is in order or a few months delay until the 15's start arriving.    The money I save hopefully I can build it up to my liking. 

• Engstrom

Posted May 29, 2014 - 07:06 PM

be open to outside cal. There was a left over 2013 new wr450 at me dealer for 7800 otd that just sold recently

• Fryboy

Posted May 29, 2014 - 07:12 PM

be open to outside cal. There was a left over 2013 new wr450 at me dealer for 7800 otd that just sold recently

Yeah, our DMV sucks, I doubt they'd allow an out of state bought bike to be registered without going to CARB or some horseshit

• Engstrom

Posted May 29, 2014 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, our DMV sucks, I doubt they'd allow an out of state bought bike to be registered without going to CARB or some horseshit

ah crap I forget they have you guys over a barrel out there. For the prices you guys pay for everything ya might as well move to Hawaii. Sucks cus its a cool state too

• Fryboy

Posted May 29, 2014 - 07:17 PM

To clarify,  the high price is with special built rims/hubs *2K* , handle bars, risers, gytr pipe, fat footpegs, seat cover/foam. The lower price is with stock wheels and I assume the rest of the parts listed.  So that may account for the higher $$$  

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 29, 2014 - 08:15 PM

You don't need all that crap

Get a stock bike with a GYRT kit and tuner, and you'll be good.

Any price you see listed is the 'asking price'. You add approx 11% to that for OTD.

A smart buyer will take his time with the salesman talk about buying, owning, riding it...take your time and get the salesman excited.

At least two trips in.

Then you tell them you want to buy from him "because I like you and I think I trust you".... but  you have been offered a better deal somewhere else (don't say where) , so what do you do?

As soon as he says 'how much can you get it for somewhere else', you got him.

You tell him "the other salesman was willing to discount the bike, and forgo the freight and set up. Would you do that?"

You do NOT talk price yet.

You get HIM to say yes to your requests, and you are in.  You send him buying signals that he wants to hear......

" Will you guys go through the bike and make sure everything is ok?"  Oh of course they will...

" Can I come to you if I have any questions about the bike?

" Will you take part cash and part CC?" ...or what ever you want to ask him the you know will get you a 'yes' answer...!

You get three 'yes's ' from him, then hit him with the price. The price can be made up. He will come back with a counter offer, which should be the price you want: $7800-8000 otd.

2013's :  http://www.bertsmega...asp?veh=3685792

2014's :  http://www.cycletrad...R450F-111568690

http://www.cycletrad...R450F-111920674

Hell, shipping from GA is about $380.00.....

• KennyMc

Posted May 29, 2014 - 08:31 PM

In my experiences over the years, I have always been able to get the bike for no more than MSRP but OTD.  Usually a bit less, but this is for a stock, showroom floor bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vlxjim

Posted May 29, 2014 - 08:46 PM

I got a left over 12 in 13 for $6,800 OTD.

$89  For the comp ECU

$279 For a FMF Q4 HEX

$29 for a UNI air filter

• suzuki son of a bitch

Posted May 29, 2014 - 09:10 PM

Old ones are even expensive. Some guy sells his 2005 for 5500. B.S. but great bikes

• RockerYZWR

Posted May 29, 2014 - 09:50 PM

I'm willing to sell my 2011 for $15,000.

• Chaconne

Posted May 30, 2014 - 10:09 AM

You don't need all that crap

Get a stock bike with a GYRT kit and tuner, and you'll be good.

Any price you see listed is the 'asking price'. You add approx 11% to that for OTD.

A smart buyer will take his time with the salesman talk about buying, owning, riding it...take your time and get the salesman excited.

At least two trips in.

Then you tell them you want to buy from him "because I like you and I think I trust you".... but  you have been offered a better deal somewhere else (don't say where) , so what do you do?

As soon as he says 'how much can you get it for somewhere else', you got him.

You tell him "the other salesman was willing to discount the bike, and forgo the freight and set up. Would you do that?"

You do NOT talk price yet.

You get HIM to say yes to your requests, and you are in.  You send him buying signals that he wants to hear......

" Will you guys go through the bike and make sure everything is ok?"  Oh of course they will...

" Can I come to you if I have any questions about the bike?

" Will you take part cash and part CC?" ...or what ever you want to ask him the you know will get you a 'yes' answer...!

You get three 'yes's ' from him, then hit him with the price. The price can be made up. He will come back with a counter offer, which should be the price you want: $7800-8000 otd.

2013's :  http://www.bertsmega...asp?veh=3685792

2014's :  http://www.cycletrad...R450F-111568690

http://www.cycletrad...R450F-111920674

Hell, shipping from GA is about $380.00.....

+1 Agreed.

I went to a smaller shop and got the price I wanted. I Let them know I might wait for a left over but overall they were reasonable, plus I was also willing to be flexible since the shop was an old school smaller operation that I prefer to do business with . Agree with the stock bike & GYRT kit & tuner.

BTW went to a larger "powersports superstore" while shopping and they gave me the runaround and their price was a little more.

• woods-rider

Posted May 30, 2014 - 11:28 AM

I got a leftover 12 in 13 for 6k otd. The 12s are virtually the same as the 14s, just cheaper.

I did have to walk away though because they didn't want to accept 6k. They called me when I was 20 min down the road and said OK. I said I would be back in two days to pick it up.

Just figure out what you want to pay and stick to it. Walk away if you have to. Worth it in the end.

Edited by woods-rider, May 30, 2014 - 11:31 AM.

• hawaiidirtrider

Posted May 30, 2014 - 12:11 PM

To clarify,  the high price is with special built rims/hubs *2K* , handle bars, risers, gytr pipe, fat footpegs, seat cover/foam. The lower price is with stock wheels and I assume the rest of the parts listed.  So that may account for the higher $$$  

Aw  ya just created your own high price. Why even buy brand new. Check craigslist for a low mile bike with mods already on. 

• Chaconne

Posted May 30, 2014 - 02:06 PM

Aw  ya just created your own high price. Why even buy brand new. Check craigslist for a low mile bike with mods already on. 

Think it depends where you are. Weren't a lot of used ones that I wanted out here on the East Coast --and I don't go for buying something used that I can't physically check out.

If I found a leftover or low mileage 12 or 13 I would have considered it. But I am really happy with what I got.  :ride:

• cubera

Posted June 03, 2014 - 09:30 AM

I bought a new 2013 for a few hundred less than the new 2014 sitting next to it. It was $8K OTD if memory serves. That's $2-3 K less than a KTM. If it was not going to be the WR I would have gone with the Beta. I'm totally happy with the WR, however. Deciding on a WR is good decision any day all day.

Edited by cubera, June 03, 2014 - 09:31 AM.

• cubera

Posted June 03, 2014 - 03:08 PM

Just looked at the invoice and it was $7780 which includes a 2 year warranty on the motor no strings attached. In terms of price-value the WR is a no brainer. Bikes are 'spensive these days but so are gas and groceries. It's all relative.

• jetfuel

Posted June 04, 2014 - 09:50 AM

Here ya go fryboy.. http://pittsburgh.cr...4472493706.html

Not exactly what your looking for but it worked well for the last guy. :ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.