Anybody try the new Cycra Plastics on the 2014s? What Graphics?

52 replies to this topic
  • jcm3

Posted July 28, 2015 - 11:04 AM

I just installed my vintage yellow cycra power flow plastics on my 2015. Kind of a pain at first and a little confusing. The airbox and radiator shrouds are the most troublesome. I ended up using the D-Ring as is for the top bolt and then just removed the D part of the other two fasteners for the airbox. The new red air intake guides didn't want to stay on at first but once they were secured by my radiator shrouds it all worked out. Loving it so far. I live 5 miles from the oregon dunes so the previous stock airbox would scoop handfuls of sand whenever I fell over (which happens often). I will give some more feedback after a few rides.

Nice graphics!  :thumbsup:

I can tell how mine were modified, as when the previous owner bought them from RedLabel, I don't think the graphics were out yet for the Cycra plastics.  I can see a gap where the upper shroud bolt hole is, and they were also cut in half where the stock shrouds were in two pieces.

They're starting to get worn anyway, so when I replace them I'll have to get the correct set. 

• 15thumper

Posted July 28, 2015 - 11:12 AM

The air box will secure alot better with the 2014 fasteners got mine at Rocky mountain atv cheap they replace the d ring with allen head

• Findmeinthemountains

Posted July 28, 2015 - 11:21 AM

Nice graphics!  :thumbsup:

I can tell how mine were modified, as when the previous owner bought them from RedLabel, I don't think the graphics were out yet for the Cycra plastics.  I can see a gap where the upper shroud bolt hole is, and they were also cut in half where the stock shrouds were in two pieces.

They're starting to get worn anyway, so when I replace them I'll have to get the correct set. 

Thanks!

Yea I decided to go with Redlabel because of your sexy bike. Never heard of them before. But Im very please with the results and the customer service.

Even though they were made to fit the Cycra plastics, I definitely had to do some extra cutting myself due to my rusty graphic installation skills. haha 

Its a shame that she will only look this good for one or maybe 2 rides. 

• jcm3

Posted July 28, 2015 - 12:41 PM

Thanks!

Yea I decided to go with Redlabel because of your sexy bike. Never heard of them before. But Im very please with the results and the customer service.

Even though they were made to fit the Cycra plastics, I definitely had to do some extra cutting myself due to my rusty graphic installation skills. haha 

Its a shame that she will only look this good for one or maybe 2 rides. 

Thanks!  Credit goes to the previous owner of mine.  :lol:

No kidding on them getting worn quickly.  Use lots of SC1, and it will stay pretty shiny a lot longer.  (at least from 10 ft. away)  I probably have at least 10 rides on mine and they still look pretty good.  I have to use a green pad and cleanser to get the black marks out but after some SC1 it shines back up pretty good.

The quality of RedLabel seems really good as far as longevity goes!

• mwtrent

Posted July 30, 2015 - 07:22 PM

I just bought the kit for my 14 YZ450 and none of the aluminum washer/spacers fit in the Cycra plastics.  Do i need to modify the new stuff to fit; did any of you have this same issue?

• Findmeinthemountains

Posted July 30, 2015 - 07:30 PM

I just bought the kit for my 14 YZ450 and none of the aluminum washer/spacers fit in the Cycra plastics. Do i need to modify the new stuff to fit; did any of you have this same issue?

The spacers that I received with the plastics didn't fit perfectly. I had to give them a good smash with the butt of a screwdriver to get them to stay in place.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mwtrent

Posted July 30, 2015 - 07:52 PM

The spacers that I received with the plastics didn't fit perfectly. I had to give them a good smash with the butt of a screwdriver to get them to stay in place.

Mine didn't come with new spacers so I assumed I was supposed to reuse the stock ones.  Maybe that's the issue.  

• Findmeinthemountains

Posted July 30, 2015 - 08:00 PM

Mine didn't come with new spacers so I assumed I was supposed to reuse the stock ones.  Maybe that's the issue.  

Hmmm well Cycra probably dropped the ball on that one. My kit came with new spacers and allen bolts. Since it would probably be impractical to have them send you some while you wait, I suggest just using some normal washers instead of the spacers. Might not look as "clean" but will get the job done for now and get you back to riding.

• mwtrent

Posted July 30, 2015 - 08:22 PM

Hmmm well Cycra probably dropped the ball on that one. My kit came with new spacers and allen bolts. Since it would probably be impractical to have them send you some while you wait, I suggest just using some normal washers instead of the spacers. Might not look as "clean" but will get the job done for now and get you back to riding.

That sucks if it's missing. I can't find anything that says they were supposed to be included. I've reached out to them so hopefully I'll get a response from them soon. I still have the stock plastics on the bike and its brand new so no downtime thankfully. I appreciate the replies while I'm figuring this out.

• mwtrent

Posted July 31, 2015 - 10:14 AM

Got in touch with Cycra, looks like the hardware was missing from my shipment.  They apparently provide new grommets as the OEM ones are too big.  Shipping me new ones for free.  

• mwtrent

Posted August 06, 2015 - 06:43 PM

Got the missing hardware from Cycra, quickly as well.

I'm not going to use the kit though. Too many issues with fitment on the shrouds and air box cover. I ended up with gaps and overlaps that I couldn't work out and still have all of the bolts line up.

• boegey

Posted August 06, 2015 - 07:58 PM

Are your radiators still straight and not twisted or bent coz that would move the holes and make the shrouds fit funny

• mwtrent

Posted August 07, 2015 - 07:31 AM

Are your radiators still straight and not twisted or bent coz that would move the holes and make the shrouds fit funny

Yeah; bike is brand new, never dropped with barely 2 hours on it. I also put the gytr radiator braces on it. The main trouble spot was where the air box cover met the shroud. Nothing wanted to fit together so that it at least looked good. Also didn't like the way the airbox cover sat on the airbox with nothing that even resembles a seal or attempt to have a factory-like mating surface.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.