YZ400 Rear Wheel Bearing Spacer

7 replies to this topic
  • YZ Yankee

Posted May 28, 2014 - 07:14 AM

Help, when I pulled off the rear wheel, I noticed the spacer drops down on the chain side!

I need to hold it level via the opposite side to feed the axle through.

At first I thought it was the bearings, but a little research indicated is not.

What is the fix? Thanks for your help.

• MXRider72

Posted May 28, 2014 - 07:18 AM

Is it missing a dust seal? That holds the outer spacers in place.
Or are you talking about the spacer in between the bearings inside the hub? If that's loose than one or both wheel bearings aren't pushed on far enough.

• grayracer513

Posted May 28, 2014 - 09:03 AM

Is it missing a dust seal? That holds the outer spacers in place.
Or are you talking about the spacer in between the bearings inside the hub? If that's loose than one or both wheel bearings aren't pushed on far enough.

...Or, the wheel bearings are worn and the clearance within the bearings is allowing the spacer to drop free, and/or the spacer has been crushed by a combination of worn bearings and very high torque on the axle nut.

• MXRider72

Posted May 28, 2014 - 09:29 AM

...Or, the wheel bearings are worn and the clearance within the bearings is allowing the spacer to drop free, and/or the spacer has been crushed by a combination of worn bearings and very high torque on the axle nut.

Also a possibility.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ Yankee

Posted May 28, 2014 - 01:10 PM

Thanks guys for the reply. What do you think is the best course of action. Tap on the bearings to see if it makes a difference. If not, pull them out and check the spacer. If crushed, should it be visible? The seals are there.Thanks.

• MXRider72

Posted May 28, 2014 - 01:14 PM

Best bet would be to just replace the bearings anyway. That will probably get you squared away.

Edited by MXRider72, May 28, 2014 - 01:14 PM.

• YZ Yankee

Posted May 28, 2014 - 01:57 PM

Ok..will do..thanks again!

• YZ Yankee

Posted May 28, 2014 - 02:01 PM

Any chance you know how to make a fly wheel weight for a yz426. Can't find one.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.