new friction plates, clutch problem yz426f

2 replies to this topic
  • skoog

Posted May 28, 2014 - 12:46 AM

allright, i´ll try to write this in english..

i installed new friction plates in my yz426f yesterday and the clutch actuator arm was loose more than half the way .

i had to tighten the wire both on the lever and on the engine FULLY , now the clutch feel ok in the lever but it wont do its job.

i tried to put first and second gear in with the engine running and the clutchlever pulled in, and they smack in to gear.

the bike pulls quite a bit if i rev the engine while doing the above..

so im about to tare it all apart .

anyone got any ideas?  

feels like i have put the steel plate thats in the bottom of the clutch pack upside down (NR13) or that the push rod (NR22) has been worn down with the old friction plates ???

is it possible that the clutch actuator arm´s not in the right place? ( i had the wire lifted off while installing because i was about to put the recluse zstart in but changed my mind)

CLUTCH.png

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • skoog

Posted May 28, 2014 - 04:39 AM

solved..

piece of shit pirate friction plates.

removed the 2 in the old stack that were worn out and replaced them with 2 new. and 1 steel plate .

runs like a charm.

• grayracer513

Posted May 28, 2014 - 06:12 AM

Quite often, low cost friction plate replacements will drag badly until they get some time on them.  Usually only takes one good ride to glaze them over and compress them to the point where they release right.  But then they have other problems.  Use OEM plates for the best results.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.